Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I miss the cursor frequency and amplitude readout.

Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Simple survey to the community.

I would like to be able to move the mouse cursor around the panadapter while having an unobtrusive pair of numbers indicate the cursor position's frequency and amplitude.

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I'm with you, Ted. I think that most folks ranked the "scope" features low on their priorities, though. Having a peak hold and cursor readout would be nice for experimenting. Perhaps down the roadmap some...
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I would like to see peak and average dBm constantly read out somewhere without having to do a hover

73 W9OY
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    All sound great. Power sdr spoiled us!
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I've got my 5000a with the U/V running the latest PowerSDR and it is a marvel of helpfulness and information.  It has a true instrument quality user interface.  Within the limits of it's panadapter it is the best transceiver I could hope for.  Also, I've got FM and digital on 2M and 440.  

The promise of SmartSDR is very exciting.  With my 6700 I can watch an entire band in one panadapter.   I would like the ability to quickly find the frequency of an interesting signal in the 2M band.  If there were an easy cursor frequency readout I could then manually transfer that frequency to the 5000a and work some new 2M FM stations.  The 6700 is preferred for digital because of DAX.  The 5000a has a very decent FM capability.  

The 6700 easily displays the complete 2M band in one panadapter.  But the numbers and tics on the frequency axis could use finer granularity.  I thought the PowerSDR cursor readout method might be a good idea for SmartSDR.

Yep, PowerSDR is pretty neat!

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ted most users never understood what was going on on the bottom of the panadapter of powersdr. I really doubt we will ever have the same with smart sdr and it is a shame. As I have talked to Gerald and several others the comment of " how much code has to be written" comes up regularly. Not being a computer gru I do not totally appreciate what goes into getting the things we want. I realize now to get to where the first emails show the 6000 series will be a long slow trip. There is a old saying you don't get nothing for nothing is very true. The new flex is really easier to use for a new operator, it looks nice on the screen and though still limited it performs really good. I am afraid something's in power sdr will never be in smart sdr.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    After using my 6500 since August, going back to the panafall display on my 1500 is almost like going back to no display at all. The 6500 is that much better/easier in most cases. Especially the fact that you can slide/pan it and it stays accurate. I do wish that it had more granularity, and an optional scale of S-units on the right axis. And constant, peak-reading digital signal strength indications would be nice, too, as would a display of frequency and strength tied to the cursor.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Also smart sdr looks really great on a 55" tv!
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited June 2014
    I still wanted to see a possibility for some marker lines as I mentioned already a few months ago as an idea.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    the 6000 series is unlike the PSDR as the code resides in firmware so when Gerald talks about "do you realize the lines of code" what he's really saying the possibilities are not endless.  Choices must be judicious.  PSDR otoh was pretty much open ended

73  W9OY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.