Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I have orange light on power switch when dc is applied to 6300 or when i power off.. is this correct

Paul - GI4FZD
Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I can't find any info on the function of power indicator switch or what the various colours mean,
also what is the cleanest way to shut down, is it just exit smartsdr and then power down the 6300, (this is where I also get orange light on power button.
I take it there is no on/off switch like in powersdr.

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Paul,
    I think this is what you are looking for...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Hmm,so orange is transmitting low power on transverter port,
    I havnt enabled transverter port and how can it be transmitting on xverter port when it is powered down or when dc is applied without powering up the radio.
    Am I missing a setting somewhere regarding the transverter?
    Does orange also mean standby, it does go briefly red when i switch of the power supply.
    Should I perform a factory reset?
    cheers
    Paul

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Don't take my word as gospel, but I'm pretty sure dim orange while the unit is "off" means the crystal oven is on and keeping everything nice and stable. Power is applied, but the radio is not on-line.
  • Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Yes George, I thought maybe that was it, it just does not appear to be documented anywhere, although I might have missed it.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The 6300 will never show an orange power LED when powered down as it does not have a GPSDO option.  this looks to be a defect.  I have added it to the developer's bug tracker for additional investigation.
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I found the button goes orange if you have "Remote ON" enabled and the radio shut off.

• Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    That's the answer, the remote was on in the setup panel. once that is switched off the 6300 shuts down correctly...something to add to the manual.
    cheers
    Paul
    GI4FZD
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Very interesting.  That looks like a different defect.  Thanks for the feedback.  I will enter that into our bug tracker.
  • Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Is This a bug or a feature, is it there to indicate the rig is on remote standby?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The answer to that is TBD once software development has a chance to investigate.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.