Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I would like to know how you share smart link with another user

KB4HL
KB4HL Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I would like to share my 6300 with a friend and he would like me to be able to access his 6700. It this possible with smartlink. Thanks for any input.

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes.  You both have to use the same login and password.

Mike

• Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Using the same credentials is not a great solution. I hope FRS implements a more secure and modern way of credential management and the current implementation is just temporary.

Thanks
    Andy
    KU7T

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The risk is very low, as you are sharing a unique login with your buddy if you do an email login.  It is as about secure as you can get without making it too complicated.

If you need to lock out your buddy, you just change the password.  He changes on it and locks you out, you just do a password reset or de-register the radio and start over if required.

While not perfect, this is a very valid method of sharing your radio.

Besides, what is the worse that could happen?  
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    When the Multi-User feature is added to SmartSDR v2.0, it will be extended to include SmartLink so credential sharing will not be necessary.
  • KB4HL
    KB4HL Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Tim will that be in the next 2.0 update ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    I suspect the next 2.x update will include initial support for the new FLEX-6400, FLEX-6600 and PowerGenius XL along with some bug fixes.  But Multi-User is on the immediate horizon.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.