Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I want to hook an old Bencher key to my 6300.

In my novice days, I used the key with an MFJ electronic keyer.  It is my understanding that the 6300 (6xxx Signature series) has a built in keyer.  So do I just plug the key in to the 'key hole'?
(I'm trying to get my code speed back up to 5wpm.....)

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yep. The wiring diagram is in the manual. Enjoy!!
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    yep.. plug it right in.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I've been using one for years.  Good combination.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have been running the same Bencher since 1985! It is still a good one, it I am starting to long for a new paddle with magnetic dampening.... But they are $$$!!!
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No kidding.  You could buy a rig for that kinda money.  You're talking Bengali, right?

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Begali, Kent, others....  some of the good ones are > $300+  
    I'll wait until my rich uncle leaves me some money.

Problem...I don't have a rich uncle....
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    A couple years ago I got to see NN4ZZ's custom Begali straight key that he ordered to match his Begali paddles.  It was well over $300 and VERY nice! 
    My Radio Shack straight key only cost me $2.95 back in 1972......
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hi Ken,
    I remember showing it to you at Dayton that year when I picked it up.  I asked Piero to make a straight key to match the Sculpture paddle and after a few years he did.   I got one of the matching Sculpture Mono paddles last year so I think I'm done now, hihi.  They are great keys and will last me a lifetime.  Since I'm CW only I figured the money I save on microphones pays for the CW jewelry.   

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.1.30
    Win10

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Beauties,  all of them!  I really like the iambic, though.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I keep my 35+ yr old Bencher hooked up to my 6500, my standby radio, and for the 6400 I'm Alpha testing, I use my most lovely Begali Pearl in the case-hardened finish that looks like the receiver of an old Winchester rifle.
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I have a minor collection of Benchers, Hex. Brown Brothers and others, but nothing, but nothing matches the light, crisp touch of my Begali.

Keith - AC9S

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.