Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I think my 6500 just died

Options
Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I was listening on 40 meters on my 6500 this afternoon and all of a sudden I got a horrible screeching noise through my speakers.  The panadapter was frozen and then I got a message that the radio had lost connection.  I have powered the radio off (turning off the power supply to the radio) and waited a few minutes and when I turn it back on it stays on the calibrating screen for a long time and then the power button blinks red and the display says "timeout".  Not sure what to do at this point.  How do you do a reset?

Comments

• SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Ick! Bad time for this to happen to you (Friday afternoon). Here is a link to a similar problem. Make sure you expand the replies so you can read them.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/radio_failure?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilt...

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Not sure if this means anything but when I get the timeout message the red light blinks 3 times.

• SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    That was specifically mentioned in the link I provided.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Says it's a boot failure.  I have tried resetting it twice but no go. 
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Did you perform the factory reset (power down, hold OK button then power button, release)? Bruce, from the other thread, stated he had to do it many times. Also, Flex recommends you open a HelpDesk ticket for this problem.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have reset it 4 or 5 times and no go.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.