Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I/Q input to smartsdr

Ian Szekeres
Ian Szekeres Member
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am thinking about purchasing a 6400, but wanted to take a look at the NB and NR within the smartsdr prg.  I have and I/Q stream I can supply and wanted to see how well the noise blanking and noise reduction features worked, would this be possible?

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    See if someone will let you remote in to their 6400 and try it for yourself?
  • Ian Szekeres
    Ian Szekeres Member
    edited August 2018
    That certainly is an option, as well as watching some of the demo videos around.  I was more interested in seeing how it performs on the noise at my location.
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    In the 6000-series FlexRadios, all the processing is done in the radio, NOT in SmartSDR. SmartSDR is only the "front panel" for the radio. The 6400 has a tremendous amount of processing power in that small cabinet! So, no, it is not possible to do what you are asking.

• Ian Szekeres
    Ian Szekeres Member
    edited August 2018
    Thanks, I obviously have not dug into the documentation much before asking....I appreciate the info!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It is hard to do as you want yes,, but as Craig mentioned the DSP is done in the radio it self, remoting in to someones radio is really easy and it is just like being in their shack, then you can play with the SDP settings and listen.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    To the best of my knowledge, the 6000 series radios/Smartsdr do not have a means of inputting an IQ stream.

AL, K0VM
  • Andy
    Andy Member
    edited September 2019
    so
    only 6700 have a mean of inputting IQ streams?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.