Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I powered up my new 6600m and it sound like a cement mixer...

rgholst
rgholst Member
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just received my Flex 6600M. The box was excellent condition. I unpacked the radio read through the Quick Start guide, check my 13.8 volt supply voltage and power up the radio without an antenna connected and without an Ethernet cable connected. Much to my surprise It started making a fairly loud noise as the fan spun up. Much like a cable s rubbing on the fan blades. SO how would Flex like to proceed with this issue. Please advise, I don't want to take a chance of voiding the warranty.

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This is from another post

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

Dan, your issue is probably what James described above.  If you are willing to do so, you can remove the cover and inspect the fan.  If the dark CAT6 cable is brushing against the fan blades you can relocate it so it does not impede the fan.  Otherwise, open a HelpDesk support ticket.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    As noted above, if you are not comfortable opening the radio to move the flat CAT6 cable away from the fan blades, you will need to open a HelpDesk ticket so we can address the issue.
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tim I know you have already informed the production side of this issue, but is it just a matter of zip tieing the offending cable out of the way or what? I have had this same issue pop up with computers before but was just wondering sir. Thank you for being the best at what you do!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Yes, production is fully aware of all these types of reported problems and have taken actions to prevent this from occurring.  Thanks for your concern.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.