Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I noticed that my 6600M will not go to the uppder band edge on 17 meters. It cuts off transmit at 18

Gary
Gary Member ✭✭
17 meters band edge

Answers

• Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Might you have been in SSB or DIGU mode. My 6600 cuts out at exactly 18.168. 
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2019
    That's normal. It's to keep you from transmitting out of band.
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thank you, guys. I heard a SSB QSO on .164 this morning with really good signals and wanted to join. They were on USB.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    You need to look at how wide your transmit bandwidth was set to. To operate 18.164 USB your transmit bandwidth needs to be under 4 Khz wide or you would go outside the band limit of 18.168.
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thanks., I’ll check. It should be at 2.7 like my other bands. But it could be on my AM profile. Very good input and thank you. 73’s
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The TX Filter setting was the problem. It was using the settings from the AM profile and once set to 2.7K, all is well. Thanks to all for your help and thanks to all that have served our Country.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.