Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I need to RTFM: Is there a single page that lists all the available documents?

WK2Y
WK2Y Member ✭✭
Is there a single page that lists all of the available manuals and how-to-guides for SmartSDR and the Signature Series?  I can find them individually if I know to look for them, and on those pages, I  can click  previous and next, but it's a little tedious.  Even after a year, I keep discovering new features through the community here, and figure if there were a list, my discovery might be a bit more efficient.  Would be great if there were a zip file of everything. Thanks and 73, Bob WK2Y

Answers

• Paul Lourd
    Paul Lourd Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Agreed. Is there even a SMARTSDR V2 users guide? I can't seem to find that.
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yes there is a recent one dated 07/25/2017
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-user-guide-pdf/

I'm also a little old fashioned (ok very). I would even pay a couple of bucks for printed versions.
    73, Bob WK2Y
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If one goes to the download area:

http://www.flexradio.com/support/downloads/

and expands the 6k series folder, then expands the documents folder, all the available docs will be listed.

There is also a "Articles" folder with a lot of interesting articles.
    Even some nice wallpaper on the site.

For printed manuals, one could take the PDF to a local Staples, etc and have it printed. Having the manual in hand does seem to enhance the learning uptake.

BRs,
    Tim
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thank you!!  
  • Paul Lourd
    Paul Lourd Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The downloads page is confusing.  There is no listing of a V2 SmartSDR user guide. Just the V1 and one with no name. Not exactly clear!
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    There is also "manualman.com".  I don't know any more than that, so you're on your own.

You should understand that we update the documentation with each release, so time/money/effort spent printing a manual (they are up to about 150 pages) probably will be made somewhat obsolete at the next release.  However, we usually only change the parts of each document directly effected by the changes made in the release, so older versions of the documentation are largely correct.

• Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    One of my best investments was a Brother Duplex laser printer. I print the latest documentation out, front and back, use a three ring punch and a three ring binder.  Viola! A new manual in 10-20 minutes!  The pages are numbered in the PDF to help organize. I love living by the PDF. Helps keep up with the latest changes.

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Already have two printers in the house so yes, I should just take the time to print things out.    Not that big a deal.  
    Bob
    WK2Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.