Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I need a way to do Dstar on my Flex 6700

W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
So, I have the DEMI LDPA and the 70 as well as 23 cm xverters.  Now, I need Dstar.  Flex no longer offers for sale the thumbdrive.  Is their a waveform out there that does this or other solution?  
Thanks
Peter

Answers

• Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The waveform is on the Flex site for download, good luck getting it all to work..
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you get that working, I would like the detail on what you did and whats needed.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ok what I need are solutions. If you have tried the flex e waveform and it doesn’t work at all are their others? Is theirs way to code your audio prior to injection into the mic for example??
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The FLEX 6700 need the ThumbDV D-STAR USB dongle WITH the downloaded Waveform.
    I think you you can find one at "NW Digital Radio" who actually just sold them to FLEX I think, these have the FTDI chipset so they will work with the 6700 
    Here is a link that shows them on there sales page, http://nwdigitalradio.com/products/
    I think FLEX stopped selling them because they were not vary popular and just didn't catch on.

Last I heard it didn't work in Version 2 when it first came out but that was last year, I would hope that flex has NOT dropped support for them in SmartSDR V2, I haven't heard that they have but you never know.

Hope this helps 
    73's 
    Bret

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Bret thanks. Mike said Flex stoppped selling them became they didn’t work. So I’ll check on these but that may not get the job done. Peter
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You could always downgrade your Smart SDR to whatever version still worked with the ThumbDV and waveform (some version of 1.x).  When you're done with using D-Star, you could upgrade back to Version 2.  It might be worth the few minutes of your time to do so.  Fortunately you have a 6700 which will work with 1.x, whereas the 6400/6600 series will not.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    No, not an option.  Their is a post elsewhere where a guy tried it and nearly destroyed his computer.  But thanks for taking the time to think about it.  It looks like JARL was the original author of the software.  Couldn't find a word about it on their web page though.  I'll have to wait for Flex to comment on this.  I'm not optimistic.  Its a shame.
    Peter

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Does anyone know if the DV portion works?
    Peter

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I run a TumbDV DV3000U from NW Digital Radio on 10meters. D-Star works well for direct contacts.
    As I have no transverters, I can't say anything about working with a FlexRadio on repeaters.
    The waveform works well and as a bonus you can use the DV3000U with BlueDV as a D-Star AND
    DMR dongle on any Windows PC with a headset.
    For my D-Star connections I use an ICOM ID-5100, ID-51 and ID-31.
    Vy 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Which Flex Radio are you using on 10 meters?
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Flex-6500
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Alex,
    Thank you for that information.
    Which version of SSDR are you using?
    Andrew
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks. I need DStar for repeater use does this work for that? Peter
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Andrew, I use SSDR  version 2.2.8.190. My QSO partner for HF D-Star uses an IC-7100.
    Peter, I've never used the Flex for repeater work. There seem to have been some problems discussed here: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/d-star-repeater-problem-simplex-ok
    Alex

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.