Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I just won a Flex 6300 at the Visalia Internations DX Convention.

KY6LA_Howard
KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
As luck and irony would have it I just won a Flex 6300 at the Visalia International DX Convention First congrats was from Steve Hicks. "Ha Ha. You won a 6300". Of course, he was being ironic. Next there was a line of people in front of me asking to buy it. Might just keep it as I can use it for alpha testing and leave the 6700 on release software versions. We loaded into the back of the Centurion and we are now flying home. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Comments

• Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    You can't have too many radios. 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

One cannot have enough radios. I have every radio I ever owned since my first Heathkit AT-1 when I was 13 years old. All of them are like part of the family and I refuse to let them go. Congratulations!

Jim, K6QE

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    CONGRATS!

Maybe you can take it mobile? That would be my crazy plan if I had a free 6300...
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Howard, where do I find your writeup on remoting?
  • Bob - W8FB
    Bob - W8FB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Cheer up Howard, your luck is bound to get better.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    LOL. Well, now that you have the 6300.... do you want to sell me your 6700? :)
    Congrats!!
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    What about donating it to the USA association with highest number of "under 25" members.
    Future is in younger hands and like them the little 6300 has the same great potential.
    It is just my utopistic idea, but anyway enjoy with it!

73' 
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Congrats Howard...  Yes...  It is true...  You can't have enough radios!

Centurion!  NICE...  My favorite Cessna but I'm happy with my 170B...  more my speed:)

Looking forward to 6300 stories!

Mike
    WB8CXO
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Jim, thats' so cool.  Wish I saved all my radios!  Do you have pics of all them?  All in the shack?
    Mike, WB8CXO
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I was going to suggest something similar. If you don't already have one, start a club station, get it licensed as a club station and solicit members. Or, set up a remote in Paris. I am not sure how you'd handle liability at a club site. I am guessing a lot of club trustees have figured it out though.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

No, I don't. I have them all "RIP" in boxes. However, you just struck a nerve. I think I'll gradually unbox them and set up a shelf! Excellent idea. I do, however, have my first Viking Ranger I bought when I was in the Navy in 1959. I have it on my desk and never tire of looking at it. Since then, I have modified it with Solid state rectifiers and modulator enhancements. It works like a charm and I use it all the time on CW and the AMI net in So. Cal.

Jim

• James Whiteway
    edited April 2015
    Nice win!! Now you have a backup!!
    james
    WD5GWY

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    ...on the other hand, not many contribute more to this list than Howard.  It is fortunate for us that he won the 6300 because now we'll be able see his postings on 6300 vs 6700, which frequently is a topic of interest on this board.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Howard, you remind me of an old lady who used to be a customer of mine at the bank.  If she fell into a mud puddle she'd come out with $100 bills sticking to her!  Congratulations!  Looking forward to reading your comparisons of the two rigs.
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited February 2017
    Congratulations for winning such a nice prize & Thanks to Flex for offering it!!! I'd be happy to win a gift card for a future 2.0 release.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    One if the. Best things of Visalia DX Convention is the raffle. There are about 900 attendees. They sell about $50.000 tickets @$1 but value of prizes exceeded $70,000. Much better prizes and chances of winning than Dayton.
  • Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    And they probably don't get the volume of people at Visalia as they do in Dayton.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    just what the guy with all the toys needs MORE TOYS. May have to pass on the Tesla :) 

Dan

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2018
    You lucky dog!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Congrats, Howard. The only thing I ever won at a hamfest was a box of 5.25 inch disks at Dayton 25 years ago.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Or "you jammy git" as we say in the North of England.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    It's about 900 attendees with MONEY vs 20,000 at Dayton with about the same total Money to spend.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Been going to Dayton since 1961. Never win anything there. Usually win something at Visalia albeit the 6300 is the best yet.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    The Tesla is due on Oct 5th
  • Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Want to sell it?  :)  Congrats!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    @scott

I hadn't thought about selling it but I will always consider an offer I cannot refuse...

email me mycallsign@mycallsign.com
  • Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Email sent.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hold the phone, Howard wasn't that ticket the one you bought with the 5.00 I sent with you?

HAHAHAHAHA

Congrats, I never win anything.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    David. The ticket was $1. I owe u $4 Btw. That was 2 years ago

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.