Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I just got m new FLEX-6600, and I am at a lost of why I can't get it in to Transmit. Please call me

Julie KC0TMD
Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
just got a brand new Flex-6600M Radio. It powers up and I can receive stations fine. I can't seem to get it to transmit. I have set the RF power, and can key the red light when I push my PTT Foot Pedal, but I do not see any transmit single. Do I have to change something in the Mic and TX Profiles, so it will know I am using a Balanced Audio Input for my HEIL PR-40 Mic? Also I need help getting my HF Amplifier set up.

Please call me at 636-578-1990.

Thank You.

Julie

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Julie

You need to go to the support area on flexradio.com and create a helpticket.

As a quick test, press the tune button. do you see power output? If so, its not the transmitter.
  • Julie KC0TMD
    Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have got output on the Radio. After setting up the mic. Next is to get the LA-1K Amp to work.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    FB! Glad it worked out, it might have been that you needed to turn bias on for your mic!
  • Tom Worthington
    Tom Worthington Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Check that you have the BAL input selected to use your Heil. (Press the PWR/MIC/Speed button to get to the TX menu and look at the far left side of the display).  If that's not the problem then start by pressing the TUNE button and confirm that you have some output (10 Watts default).
    For you amp, check that you have the proper amp keying line enabled in the MENU/TRANSMIT page.  Good Luck.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.