Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I just brought the Flex-6300 , I would like to run it on it on my Ameritron AS 572 tube amp need hel

Hugo Escalante
Hugo Escalante Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It is the same as most amplifiers.  You need at least one RCA cable for PTT.  It goes from the keying line on the AMP to the TX line on the 6300.  

If you use ALC, then you'll need a second cable RCA cable.

Other than the obvious jumper RF Jumper cable, you are ready to go.

Mike va3mw

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Just confirm the switching voltage and current are within the range the Flex can handle. You may need a small interface relay box.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Ameritron keying lines are 12V @ 100ma, well within Flex's relay limits.

file:///C:/Users/840G1/Downloads/AL-572.pdf
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Ameritron keying lines are 12V @ 100ma, well within Flex's relay limits.

file:///C:/Users/840G1/Downloads/AL-572.pdf
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    George,

I use an AL-572 with my 6700.  The switching requirements are definitely within the safe limits for direct keying.

73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Hugo Escalante
    Hugo Escalante Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    George,
    Can you tell me what cables you using and connecting them?

Thanks 
    Hugo
  • Hugo Escalante
    Hugo Escalante Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Mike,

Not sure what jumper cables you talking about, can you share.

Thanks

Hugo
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    The cables you need are:
    1.  Coax jumper between radio and amplifier.
    2.  Cable with male RCA phono plug on each end between the TX1 jack on rear panel of radio to the RLY jack on the rear of the amplifier.  Be certain to enable RCA TX1 in the transmit settings form in SmartSDR. 
    3. (Optional)  Cable with male RCA phono plug on each end between the ALC jack on rear panel of radio to the ALC jack on the rear of the amplifier.  This cable is needed only if you wish to use ALC.  I do not.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• Hugo Escalante
    Hugo Escalante Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Thanks

Ray

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.