Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I installed new version v1.6.21 - now I have Flexradio Virtual ports listed that I can't use.

Roland
Roland Member
When I upgraded to the latest version of FlexSmartSDR, my CAT did not have any of my prior COM ports listed, so when I tried to add them it started with a COM port of 17. I went to Control Panel and saw that I had all my previous COM ports listed. I can'd delete or uninstall them. I preformed a Repair on FlexVSP in Uninstall - Repair list and it delete the COM ports but when I ran CAT again it restablished them all again. How can I remove these virtual ports Client ports from 5 to 16 and their corresponding CAT ports.

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Roland, can you please post your OS and and screenshot of your virtual ports?
    My own CAT ports have remained unchanged since the first SSDR version
    that came with my 6k5:

Alex - DH2ID
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • GM4WCE
    GM4WCE Member
    edited March 2017
    Does installing 1.6.21 remove all the COM ports I had set up?  Took a while to get this all set up and working and I would rather not do it again.

Peter GM4WCE
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    No, it does not remove com ports as part of the install process
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I am reluctant to open a ticket because I am not sure if I have the same problem or just finger-trouble.  

I am running on Windows 10 with a 6500.

I uninstalled 1.6.17 which had been working perfectly, re-booted then installed 1.6.21 as an administrator.

If I try to set up any CAT ports I am unable to save the configuration.  I get the following message:

"The Virtual Serial Port (VSP) failed to create.Double check the serial port settings"

I tried deleting all my COM ports in Windows Device Manager but I still have the same issue.

Is it me?  Have I done something **** or is it a problem?

TiA,

David G4NRT

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Never, ever, ever, ever be reluctant to open a HelpDesk support ticket.  This is what we are here for!

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Tim!  I am struggling with what to do now.  

I am running Windows 10 Pro in a Boot Camp Partition on a MacBook Pro.  

I have very few apps running so my inclination is just to delete the partition and re-install from scratch .. if I can find the right media to do it from! 

I think I have royally **** something up here!

David G4NRT
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

I had the same problem with VSP/CAT not installing. After trying all of the recommended procedures I had to just give up and do a clean install of windows 10. Now everything Is working fine now?

This was the message i was getting before the re-install of Win10image

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I need to do some maintenance work on my computer so I re-installed the OS (Win 10 Pro) and installed SDR 1.6.21 from scratch and now everything is working as expected.  I still do not know what caused my VSP ports to become unusable!

David G4NRT
  • Roland
    Roland Member
    edited November 2016
    All is well now, after opening a Help Ticket, Tim W4TME was able to send me a file "CAT Settings" that gave me all my VSP Com ports back. Thanks Tim.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    What's in the file Roland? Is it instructions on how to get the ports back or what? David G4NRT
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I also opened  a help desk ticket but Flex could not find the problem so that’s why I had no choice but to re install Win10 Pro.

In my case the Virtual Serial Ports would not install.image
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I have something similar going on I think but I believe it happened after a reboot, long before I installed 1.6.21.  Just haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.

I'm seeing all of the flex virtual serial ports in device manager but cat doesn't see any of them anymore, and if I try to add a new one in cat, it picks a much higher # so it knows the prior ones are still there.
  • Roland
    Roland Member
    edited November 2016
    Robbie, turn in a help ticket and that can be resolved easily.
  • Dave -- W5DJB
    Dave -- W5DJB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I've gotten this every time I upgrade. I must uninstall/re-install vsp every time. It's just become routine for me. I do a complete uninstall before every upgrade. Same happens with all of my computers running Windows 10.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    All.. if you continually have issues with come ports might I make a suggestion?  When you decide to remove and reinstall, proceed with the uninstall, then before you install again follow these directions and remove any "ghosted" com ports.. I have found that comports that do not show up yet are still there pose potential issues that many times go unforseen only to cause issues later.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200883925-Removing-Hidden-or-Ghosted-Com-ports

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.