Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I have joined the crash and reboot club at 6:50pm today

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
6400M crash while sitting receiving got 5 red flashes and it rebooted and worked normally again. I had been working fldigi psk at 30w on and off for 2 hours never xmt over 2 minutes at a time not often. read ps voltage 14.08 room temp 79. After reboot installed smartsdr monitor which shows volt and temp all the time. volt was 14.13 rcv and temp was 32.8c Transmitted test to dummy load volt dropped to 13.79 and temp went to 37.9c about 100 degrees then cooled back to 32.5 and is now 31.5 since i put aircond on hadnt realized it was that warm. Anyway running 2.1.32 and no i am not upgrading to 2.1.33 since it seems to have even more issues. I just wanted to report it and some of the info I noticed when and after it happened that may help. 6400M is the finest I have ever experienced and havent turned my ftdx5000 on since I got it.

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I recommend you run 2.1.33 since it fixes crashes. Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • LarryF
    LarryF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Error Conditions Certain hardware and software error conditions cause the radio to stop operating and display an error code by flashing the Power button light as follows: One red flash: Fan malfunction Two red flashes: Software crash Three red flashes: Boot failure Four red flashes: Input power over voltage Five red flashes: CPU overcurrent Six red flashes: Input power under voltage
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    You know I have been reluctant to goto v2.1.33 since others KB4OIF have reported more reboots than I have and his 6400M is newer by several numbers us both getting them the same week. I am totally avoiding it now since flex pulled 2.1.32 off the server which offers me no way to return to it once i go to 2.1.33. Yes the manual says the rig holds the versions downloaded but im sure flex has coded the server to totally remove any 2.1.32 versions from the connected upgraded rigs going to 2.1.33 thus the reason some have reported long upgrade times. I'll wait a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. This is the only reboot I didnt initiate or cause since i got the 6400M on 3.14.18
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2018
    Wayne, give 2.1.33 a try.  If you don't like it, unlike an iPhone, you can easily go back to the version you like.  You do not even need to delete previous versions.  Yes, we pulled previous versions as SmartLink is broken but if you previously downloaded and have even installed it, then no need to worry, unless you uninstalled previous versions.  

This is the beauty of SmartSDR, and that is you can keep an many previous versions as you like.  

You can see here how many versions I have installed.    

You can run any version you are licenses for at any time.  SmartSDR will then ensure the radio is updated (this will show up as a downgrade or upgrade message).

And, no, we don't code it to delete previous versions.  We leave that up to you.  If we made a change such as that, we would have notes like that in release notes (you do read them, correct?).  :)

Personally, I have been running 2.1.22 (and Alpha versions above) without issue on my 6600 working 6M digital.  

As a thought, how is your radio connected to the computer?  Is it direct connected to a computer or through a switch?  If a switch, what speed is a switch.  The only reason I ask is that use a Cisco $10 fleamarket 100mb/sec switch and I curious is you are on a Gig switch.  Just a thought in case the network is contributing to the total event that then causes a reboot.  

Mike va3mw

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Running asus rt-ac68u router setup as access point dhcp via 6ft cable to gigabit dgs-2205 switch which the flex6400m and dell optiplex 9020 sff via 3ft cable to flex6400M and 6ft cable to Dell. Dell is i7 3.4ghz 8gb memory running dual boot win 8.1 / win 7. The internet when I make it available comes from my sprint phone hotspot to a tplink which then is connected by a 1.5ft cable to the asus router internet port. Everything using 192.168.1.**** addresses and 255.255.255.0 with 192.168.1.1 gareway which is the asus router assignment. When I run smartsdr for windows I always have all the net bars and green in the corner. The flex when running and the dell which is dedicated to the flex are the only things running on or connected to the network if I use internet the flex and dell are off and my other desktop is then connected by enabling the ethernet port on the desktop which is normally placed in disable when im done with it. I will have to save all my profiles prior to upgrading then reload them but I may try 2.1.33 today since you have assured me I can return to 2.1.32 which is the version the 6400M came installed with when I received it. I do not do remote therefore do not use smartlink. I also do not use any apple products been there done that got the tshirt never again except the mac mini doing win 7 on bootcamp with my flex 3000. Thanks for the info and the voltage and temperature 3rd party utility that shows on my taskbar now was a great addition flex should consider including that somehow. Thanks for the info and help it is appreciated!
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Well Mike I was just getting ready to say how well everything went. Upgraded to 2.1.33 no problems started using it all seemed ok until the photo of what happened. Not so sure now what version I will run. The 6400M screen just went black while running smartsdr for windows. All still worked by the computer control and all said still connected and the 6400M green light never wavered. image
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Shutdown and restarted now I get this screen. Maestro not responding .... .image
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Quote "6400M is the finest I have ever experienced and havent turned my ftdx5000 on since I got it. " Hey Wayne my FTDX5000D not only hasn't been turned on it has lost it's place for now in my rotation of my radio's since getting my 6400M . Truthfully I don't see myself doing any radio rotation now.
  • John-KC2QMA
    John-KC2QMA Member
    edited April 2018
    This happened to me this morning, I had to “Hard Reset” the radio to fix?
    "Somewhere Over The HF Rainbow"
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Guess it just got tired of me. Shut it all down went and did some chores and when I got back started the computer up then smartsdr for windows then hit the power for the flex 6400M. Back in the saddle again using 2.1.33 smartsdr for windows and also will work standalone if I boot that way. I will use 2.1.33 I like some of the changes noticed in it.
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I just had another 2 flashing red, radio disconnected waiting for network on my 6600M running .33 and standing alone.  This happens a couple of times per day for me. 
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have been running .33 now since it was released, and no crashes on my 6500. So the crashes may be a softwares/ hardware on 6400/6600 issue? I will report if it crashes. Previous version definitely had problems. Pat
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Much improved stability.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.