Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I have an IPad I I in excellent condition, can it be used for SSDR to operate my 6300??

N0ARX
N0ARX Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS

Answers

• Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Sure. Works great. You will need to purchase the IOS app. Just go to the apple store and search for SmartSDR for IOS.
    Enjoy...73 de Arnie
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I don't think so - 1st generation iPad may not have the horsepower and the app requires iOS 9.5 or better, which I think isn't possible on that model. If it does work let us know - the price on the older model is no doubt less expensive, and it might be a great idea for a dedicated SSDR unit.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    mine works almost as well as my new IPAD air
    bret
    WX7Y

• Joe  N9VX
    Joe N9VX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bret does your old iPad work almost as well on SmartSDR for IOS, or other applications?

Joe  N9VX
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, I thought that's what this thread was about, SmartSDR for IOS to run the FLEX 6300 as in the message description.  
    Sorry for the confusion.
    73's
    Bret WX7Y
  • hans weijers
    hans weijers Member
    edited December 2016
    My old Ipad 2 works fine with the Flex6300. Just fine tune some settings in the software in order to reduce the CPU power needed for well streaming audio and video.
    73, Hans - PA0HWB
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have a first generation iPad. It can't be updated beyond iOS 5.1. SmartSDR requires iOS 9.0.3. How are you able to load SmartSDR?
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

There seems to be some confusion.

From the manual of Smartsdr for IOS:

"You need at least an iPhone 5s or an iPad 3 or better (e.g. iPad Air 2 or Pro) and it needs to run iOS 9 or the upcoming iOS Version 10. If you have an old iPhone or iPad, I suggest to try the free Demo mode first, before buying."

Ipad 2=2011-model and Ipad Air 2= 2014-model  not the same.

To identify you model>

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I have had nothing but problems with my old iPad 3rd gen (the one simply called "iPad" that is not the 1st release, and it has the 30 pin connector. 64GB Verizon.). It would stutter a lot. I guess I could slow things down but what's the point of that. 
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have a WIFI only 64G Ipad II running 9.0 and it will run the SSDR App but can be a little sketchy at times.  Too nice an app to struggle so this one is going to the grandkids and going to a Pro.  Love the app and it's great as a control surface here on the desk by the PC.  I'm anxiously awaiting being able to do that with the Maestro.   Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.