Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I have a 64 bit processor but I notice that my version of SSDR is 32 bit.

Robby Robertson
Robby Robertson Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Using V3.0.27.131. I did not install the S/W it came with v3. Maybe it is up to me to change or re-install it.

Robby
HP3SS

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Robby 

As long as your installed OS is 64bit, then 64bit processors are designed to run 32bit programs, no need for you to do anything else. 

#FlexRadio IRC Chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Robby Robertson
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Jay. I guess I knew that but I have  been watching task manager and notice it hits 100% often and thought it might be happier with a 64 bit program. It is an older Dell but I improved it as much as I can with max RAM and an SSD. Someone on here mentioned Ccleaner and I installed it and my RAM usage dropped a bit and the processor is down quite a bit. I guess that's all I can do.

I used the rig in the Canada Day contest yesterday and it worked very nicely.

Robby
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Run your monitor on a video card. Even 1080p uses a significant CPU. Don’t use Chrome if you can help it. Or minimize Chrome and other apps you can close or minimize. Just display them when you want them. Keep the DAX IQ channels closed (dark) unless you need them for CW Skimmer. You can reduce Memory use and CPU if you keep your drivers updated. I use a free version of Drive Booster that identifies when updates are available. I don’t use the paid version as it is mainly for gamers. I don’t use spots on SSDR as it can use a lot of CPU when there is a lot of activity, like a contest. Not so much of an issue with CW or SSB but digital puts a load on the CPU during decode cycle. When the band traffic is light I turn spots on. Your operating system will run some various maintenance task one a minute for about 10 seconds on my computer and bumps up CPU a little like 15%. I often monitor Task Manager as I am doing different things. Educational. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • Robby Robertson
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the info Bill. 

I use an inexpensive 32" TV in PC mode with HDMI to my laptop. Removing the HDMI cable shows no difference in CPU or RAM usage. 

I use only CW, SSB and RTTY mostly to contest. No heavy decode problems there. 

I would like to try spots and skimmer but they fall into the 90+% of the functionality of SSDR that I have yet to learn about. 

I only use Chrome when I need to cast a hockey game to my 50" android TV in the living room.

Although SSDR shows high to very high usage in task manager it has not had any ill effects on my use of the FLEX so I will stop worrying about it.

Robby

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Robby The only problem I have had is with digital modes not decoding some time slots. If at 100% you may hear some pops in the audio. I agree with you if working ok don’t get to concerned. Most of the processing is happening in the radio. Bill

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.