Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I did it! 12 Meter lotw QSL #100!

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This gives me all 8 bands DXCC from 80 - 10 (except 60 Meters. Plus endorsements for phone, CQ, digital and DX Challenge. All low power. All lotw. Most of it with the Flex-6500! What a great rig! Easiest rig to DX, especially splits and digital. Ken - NM9P image

Comments

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Congrats, Ken!  Impressive.

Bob
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    WOO HOO!!
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Congrats Ken! 12m is tough these days too.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You got THAT right!
    I thought that 80 & 30 would be the toughest ones!

But 12 Meters died just as I got the log periodic on the tower!
    And since my LP is improperly tuned on 12, it was even harder.....
    ...I made the shorting strap too long and put the boom resonance right on top of 12 meters.  All I need is a bucket truck for 5 minutes so I can loosen two bolts and changed the strap length.  But it will cost me about $100-$150 just to do that....

I'm going to wait until someone else in the club rents one for a tower project and then offer them some to swing by my house for a few.

Ken - NM9P 

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That is really cool!!
    Well done
    Peter
    W2PP
  • LarryF
    LarryF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Great Job Ken. Tnx for all you do on the community Ke2yc Larry
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Nice work Ken!  Dedication!  I wish I was close to anything in the WA...  stuff...

I am close in the WAN contest.... "Worked All Neighbors".  Seems a few people have some RFI I might need to look into.  LOL
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    LOL! I feel your pain. I am having a large increase of power line hash, washing machine noise, plant-grow lighting, RV charge converter noise, plasma TV’s and other noise sources all around me. The noise is sporadic, not constant.

Sometimes it raises my 20 Meter noise floor by 15-20 dB!

Some of it can be reduced 10-15 dB by WNB. Some of it is impervious to any of my noise mitigation techniques.

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.