Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I controlled my Flex 6300 with the new breed of inexpensive W 8.1 tablets.

GAH    K5RIG
GAH K5RIG Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I controlled my Flex 6300 with my ASUS W8.1 Transformer Book 10.1" T100TAM-C1-GM rx and tx also with a W8.1 HPStream 7 rx only. They are inexpensive W 8.1 tablets.

Comments

• N9VV
    N9VV Member
    edited February 2016
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You guys are almost making my want to buy one!!

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Don't worry George someone will port it to an iPad which most of the rest of us already own.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    To anyone who may be interested.

A lot of the tablets are throw-away items to the extend that when the battery fails, you throw it away because it is impossible to replace it.  I'm not sure if that is the case with this model but if its important to you, make sure you do some research before buying.  I personally don't like throwing stuff out after a year because of a battery failure.  I get on ebay and order a replacement and I'm off and going again.  Some tablets are even glued together and it is impossible to open them.  If your paying $200-400 on a tablet, a non-replaceable battery may be a deal breaker for some!

Norm - W7CK
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    From your lips to the Dev God's ears!
  • GAH    K5RIG
    GAH K5RIG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I don,t buy on e bay . The stream 7 is designed to have access to the interior the battery is right there a ham could probably replace it . Asus is very successful making tablets and Nextbook is a Microsoft Intel and Walmart joint effort they like to be successful .
  • GAH    K5RIG
    GAH K5RIG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I believe W8.1 and Thin Pipe might make a lot of devices work . It might only be money and bragging rights that separates them .
  • James Whiteway
    edited December 2014
    SmartSDR and Nextbook 10. image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.