Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I can't start PSDR, which I haven't done in months....forgot how

I haven't started PSDR is months. How do I start it.
When I go to the PSDR folder and click on PowerSDR, I get the small window showing
Demo
Flex5000 2708-2182

and use is 'greyed' out.

What do I need to do to operate my 5K???? been so long my feeble memory is again found wanting.

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Make sure the 5000 is turned on first and recognized by the computer as a device.
    Then open PSDR.  If you do it in the opposite order, it won't recognize the 5000.
    Also make sure that the cable is connected properly?  ('Doh)
    Perhaps the FLEX Firewire drivers have been corrupted?  Or need to be "activated" by a double click?  (I have a 1500 and a 6500 so I don't mess with firewire.)

Good Luck.

I also had to do some "Rememberin' " when I fired up my 1500 after a few months inactivity after I got my 6500!

Ken - NM9P
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Ok sure enough the FireWire Cable was pulled out of the computer. (probably when I ran cables to the 6K by accident)
    I plugged it in
    But still no joy,
    In fact now I just get the option to start the demo version after plugging the firewire cable back in and restarting the computer...
    Think the only option is a re-install????
    I have 1 folder for Flex Programs
    Inside Flex Programs  I have
    FlexRadio System PSDR
    FlexRadio System SSDR

After plugging the FW Cable back in.
    Attempting to start PSDR results in the
    Available Radio Interfaces window appearing but just the DEMO option.
    No longer do I have the PSDR listed as available.

Sounds like a reinstall????

PS: this is a 32 bit Neal Built Computer.

• Ricky
    Ricky Member
    edited January 2015
    Remember the radio must be turned on and the light must be on before you start Power SDR or the software will not see the radio at all. Also check your device manager to see if the firewire is showing up.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Rick
    I'm pretty sure the Firewire in Device Manager is called the
    WindowsSystem32Driversohci1384.sys
    and Device manager says it's working

• John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    My guess would be the firewire cable is not plugged all the way into for socket...Sometimes you think it's plugged in and it's not seated completely.... 9 out of 10 times that's the culprit.

John
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited March 2017
    I bit the bullet and took a suggestion to do a restore point. I didn't hold any high expectations and it was as suspected. Only the Demo option comes up upon startup.
    Anybody have a suggestion?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Open a HelpDesk support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.