Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I can't figure out how to get an RX Out from my 6700

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
I want to feed a receiver with the same antenna as I use for RX/TX on the 6700. Ideally I would like to have an RX Out, that allows me to receive from the same antenna and gets switched off when I TX with the 6700. I thought the RX Out was that... but it is not the case.  If I activate Loop it sends the RX to the RX Out but it doesn't feed the SCU in the 6700.

Based on this Diagram I thought it was possible. So, what am I missing?

How do I get an RX Out from the Flex 6700?

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I think you would need some sort of external splitter. One input ort feed from RX A out and two outputs. one going back to RXA in  and the other to your external receiver.

AL, K0VM
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Dx Engineering RTR1A controller. I have one here.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I still have the question about just getting an RX Out. It seems that it should work as per the diagram below from Flex manual.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I would think it should work that way . . . Unless there is a mistake in the drawing. But according to that drawing how does the signal get to the SCU. It ends at the RX out 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Yeah... The diagram is not that clear, it looks like both antennas are connected... Maybe frs can chime in.
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

I could have misunderstood the question, but I thought Al had the answer.  The signal from ANT1 or ANT2 goes to the SCU by the user completing the loop between RXA OUT and RXA IN (in this case inserting a splitter between RXA OUT and RXA IN to feed an external receiver).  The block diagram leaves something to the imagination, I agree. I would also add a front end protector, such as an Array Solutions AS-RXFEP, for the external receiver. 

BTW, the DXE RTR-1A antenna interface suggested by Steven is a very versatile product.  I use it also.  Among many other uses, it lets you very quickly compare signals and select your TX or RX antenna(s) for Rx at the flip of a switch.  Much faster than selecting from menus.  The DXE user manual is available on their web site and includes many detailed diagrams on possible uses for the switch.

http://www.dxengineering.com/search/product-line/dx-engineering-rtr-1a-receive-antenna-interfaces?au...

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    If you look at the block and loop rx out to rx in you still get a dead end and it goes nowhere.
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Doesn't the diagram show a path from RX IN to the SCU band pass filters?

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    According to that block diagram the switching is open
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    So you have to use a T for the antenna to have RX A-Out and enable LOOP A. But then you cannot have an RX antenna on the RX A-In. Right?
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yes you could connect an antenna on RX-A  IN.. BUT you need to make sure that it does not receive too much energy  from your transmit antenna since  it is not protected by TR switching.

AL, K0VM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The feature you are describing does not exist, even thought the block diagram could support it.  The RX in/out is coded to be a loop or an input; not an output.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OK Thanks Tim. Does this mean that it could be coded because it is physically feasible? RX Out is a useful feature. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.