Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I cannot lower my power

Ria
Ria Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I cannot lower the power in SmartSDR for windows or Maestro. No matter what I do it is stuck at 10 watts. I want to lower it to 8W to drive my amp at a lower power level. I can't increase it either. It just returns back to 10w. Third party programs such as DDUtil are off. I can't even change the max power in settings.

Flex 6700
SmartSDR 1.9.13

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I suggest you save your profiles, do a radio factory reset, test and if OK, reimport your profiles and try again.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Tester
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Figured it out. CAT on the SPE Expert amp was set to "Flex radio" when it should be set to "Kenwood."

The difference between the two is that "Flex Radio" CAT setting will attempt to adjust power automatically with the amp. I do not use ALC. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.