Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I cannot connect to my 6300

Sam
Sam Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been having trouble connecting to my Flex 6300. When I select the radio and click on connect the SmartSDR program would just hang. After about a dozen attempts SmartSDR showed UPDATE. I attempted this a few times while the radio was connected directly to my laptop via ethernet cable. Again the program would just hand. I then connect the radio directly to my router with an ethernet cable. The radio was recognized and the upgrade started, green light turned purple. It has "completed" the yellow status bar has gone all the way to the right. But has been at this status for the past hours. Yellow bar all the way to the right and light is still purple. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Sam
    Sam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Forgot to add that I just downloaded the update to SmartSDR. I have installed an am using SmartSDR 2.6.1
  • Mark Wohlschlegel
    Mark Wohlschlegel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I had a similar experience with my 6400---this is probably a long long shot, but for me, I was talked into loading the McAfee virus program on my PC----that was the culprit---I ended up completely uninstalling it, and all worked just fine!  Have you recently changed your virus program?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    If the radio hangs without doing anything, shut down and try again. If you have to just pull the power plug on the back, do so. the radio should resume the upload
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I would suggest opening a ticket with support.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Try the things suggested here before a support ticket. That is why this forum is here. Many times it is just a simple thing to fix.
  • Mark Wohlschlegel
    Mark Wohlschlegel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The other time this happened, I think the SDR software got corrupted--I ended up uninstalling the program, and then re-installing it---make sure you also delete the CAT and VAX programs as I think maybe the drivers also got contaminated....they will automatically load back in upon installation
  • Sam
    Sam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    OK guys thanks! I unplugged the radio and totally uninstalled all the SmartSDR software and reloaded everything. It updated and I am on the air!! Thanks for the help. I was worried about just unplugging the radio, didn't want to totally corrupt it and end up with a huge paperweight
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Just think of all the paper it can hold down!
    Glad U got her going !!! Flex withdrawal is hard !
    73 N8AUM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.