Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am Trying to find out how to enable the RCA1 on the back of a Flex6700 to key low on TX

Answers

• Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    You go to the settings on the top left of your computer screen and click on radio setup.  Then click the TX tab and go down to RCA TX1 and if it says Disabled, click on the word Disabled and it will change to Enabled.  With that you are ready to go.  
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    The above should get you going but if you are using DDUtil and its Auto Drive feature then in DDUtil you need to click the yellow STBY on the main DDUtil screen, it will turn to green OPER.

DDUtil's AutoDrive feature toggles the amp keying on & off by toggling TX 1 on & off.
    It is a nice feature where you can set the power on each band that you need to drive the amp to keep it from accidentally getting overdriven. When in STBY the TX1 is disabled and radio is set to 100 watts. When in OPER (operate) the radio drive is set to whatever value you set it for that band and TX1 gets enabled.

Lots of nice features in DDUtil.

Dave wo2x

• Michael McDonald
    Michael McDonald Member
    edited December 2017

Hi Everyone I appreciate your replies.

I found it late yesterday and it turned out to be quite simple!

I was being too cautious by checking the RCA port with my Miltimeter on diode test to see the voltage and state change but wasn't seeing any so assumed it wasn't working but when I eventually just plugged in the amp it all worked!!! 

My assumption is the meter voltage was not high enough to switch on the opt inside the Flex.

Now I have to do battle with DDUtills to find out what is wrong  with my USB to serial connection, I can see data going both ways through the adaptor to the amp (2k-FA) from the PC But I must not have some setting in DDUtils right as I have no control, Radio is a Flex 6700 and DDUtils seems to have detected that ok.

I will play around with the ports to see if it is something there.

"Life was so much simpler then HI"

73's all from Michael VK3MM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.