Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am seeing imd or something when sending cw. Is that normal?

TX/RX CW signal (VFO A only) on 14.012MHz but I also see my signal on 14.008 and 14.016MHz.  Is that normal?

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Steven,

How are you "seeing your signal"?  If you are using the pan in TX monitor then I believe this is totally normal.  You are talking about a sensitive receive circuit enabled next to a  transmitter.  I think you will see lots of little overloads.

Mark
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I agree with Mark, you will see very a very wide signal with spurs when looking at your xmit signal in the panadapter .  If your concerned, listen to your signal in another receiver with lots of attenuation.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Also make sure your DSP filters are not enabled which also causes artifacts in the Display
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yes, I am seeing them in the panafall. OK, I will check it with and w/o DSP filters. Thanks
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes, that is totally normal.  You have a very high dynamic range spectrum analyzer/receiver inside the same enclosure with a 100W transmitter.  
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ok, thank you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.