Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am looking for an Elmer to help me connect my PW-1 to the Flex 6700 while keeping it connected to

Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I am looking for an Elmer to help me connect my PW-1 to the Flex 6700 while keeping it connected to my IC-7800

I have banged my head against the wall long enough!

Please contact me at n3ve at arrl dot net

Thank you ,

Jeff N3VE

Answers

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Jeff, sorry to hear you are having problems. I have heard the PW-1 can a little finicky but it can be done.

Do you have the hardware hooked up and is this just a software issue or do you help with both ?

Lee
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited September 2018

Lee,

I have the hardware hooked up to the 7800, and the 6700, but I can not figure how to get ddutil to follow both radios.  Do I need alc for the 6700? When I turn the 6700 past 20 watts the amp goes into protect.  If you can help please call me 215-651-3355 Jeff N3VE

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Jeff I used to have a similar configuration before I upgraded my PW-1'to a SPE 2K-FA last year. And dumped all my ICOMs. No u do not need ALC as DDUTIL can set power levels for Amps. When it goes from standy to Operate. IIRC I used DDUTL a to send CAT commands from the 6700 to the PW1 on a serial port The 7800 was connected to a CT 17 onto a second serial port on the computer And received CAT from DDUTIL as well. The Icoms were not that great compared to the 6700 and were mainly used as passive listeners Unfortunate I don't have muc documentation left of the old configuration
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited December 2016

Thanks for the reply Howard.  I am using the K9JM CIV router.  If I set the Flex 6700 to more that 20 watts, the amp goes into protect, at 19 watts the amp puts out around 500.  If I turn on hardware alc and connect the alc line smart sdr throws an error.

I will keep trying, also have been eyeing the SPE 1.3, I may purchase at Dayton.

Thanks,

Jeff N3VE

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Jeff

You can use the AMP Autodrive setup screen in DDUTIL to set the correct amount of drive for each band... that is what I did for the PW-1 when I had a Flex 5000 and now with the 2K-FA and the 6700.  I have not used ALC for years as DDUTIL does it all...

IIRC the ALC Voltage input is -4V on the 6000 series and some Amps output as high as -11V so you likely would need a voltage divider ( a couple of resistors or just a ****) to set the correct ALC Drive level to prevent ALC Line Errors

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.