Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am looking for a reliable way to connect CW Skimmer to DAX I/Q

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been using CW Skimmer with SSDR / Flex 6700 on and off for a while. However, mostly 'off' as the connection is flaky at best. Sometimes I can't get it going at all, other times it works fine. I don't know why.

I downloaded SDR-Bridge but it seems to be made for Skimmer Service not plain vanilla CW Skimmer. Nice looking program, thought.

Here's my set-up:

Latest versions of SSDR, SSDR CAT, DDUtil, and CW Skimmer.

i7 PC with Win 7 64 bit and 8 GB RAM.

here is my set up, note that CWS is not getting the right SSDR frequency (yes, I have changed frequency in Slice A to 'wake up' programs connected to it) via DDUtil and DAX I/Q 1

imageimageimage

Answers

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Some time help to start CWskimmer separately and after by DDutil, i have very equal setup without visible problems:
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I will try starting CW Skimmer after DDUtil. Thanks for the tip. Right now DDUtil is set up to launch CWS on my system
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Bill,  SDR Bridge seems to work the best here for just plaibn Skimmer to Flex interface.  It will also work with the Skimmer Aggregator to send spots to the RBN but its not necessary to use it for that purpose.
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Larry -- how do you connect SDR Bridge to CW Skimmer? I can't find any instructions for this.

Tnx
    Bill AA7XT
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bill send along ur telephone # and I'll walk you through my set up.   k1uo (at) arrl.net is ok
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have got SDR-Bridge working with CWS and SSDR now. Will give this a go.

Bill AA7XT
  • Bill N5TU
    Bill N5TU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    This combination works like a charm for me.  Before SDR-Bridge, I spent many frustrating hours.

73, Bill, N5TU

• William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for kind offer, Larry, but I got it worked out and CWS working great now with SDR-Bridge

Bill

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.