Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am having a problem with the KE9NS 2.8 PowerSDR initial install. Is there another Place for help t

The initial install was on Win7 , 32-bit, Intel i5 CPU, Asus MB. The C++ 2015 compiler generates a log file that leads me to believe it is trying to set up an AMD cpu. Should this mix work? If not, what options do I have to get to a workable configuration?

Answers

• John Ferrell-W8CCW
    edited January 2019
    I guess I am on my own with this problem. The first anomalies to address will be to move the OS to the 64 bit version and try to get VS upgraded to the 2017 level.The vista machine will be moved to 4G  of memory when available. It does max out to %100 a lot. 
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    email Darrin he will help You
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    John ,  You should check for support from KE9NS ,  but have you read the requirements for upgrading?   There is a .NET Framework update requirement, and if you are already hitting 100% CPU, you are running out of computer resources.   An i5 runs PowerSDR very well, usually if there  is nothing else eating  away for CPU cycles , maybe graphics?   PowerSDR is very graphics intense , adding a good graphics or correcting the driver that is killing you will help on resources.   If you run the DPC tests you may find your problem.   Go to the Help Center at helpdesk.flexradio.com.     Look for help with running the DPC checker  and LatencyMon.  https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118398-What-are-DPCs-and-why-do-they-matter

Oh , 32 bit Windows is fine, PowerSDR is a 32 application

Dudley
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Also, Make sure you have all windows updates installed.
  • John Ferrell-W8CCW
    edited November 2018
    I read somewhere that one of the support packages needs 64 bit hardware nowdays. Part of the problem is that Darrin is using the C++ redistributal 2017 and the install package keeps trying to use C++ 2015. I would rather not bother KE9NS with this because there are many more important puzzles for him to solve, My configuration is obsolete in both hardware and software and the only sane thing to do is upgrade everything. I have proven to myself that the cute little computer needs to retire to the Linux world where it will useful.  I have learned a lot and my next move will be to replace the boot drive and a W10[64] OS. BTW, I am older than both COBOL and FORTRAN this is what I have always done for fun. Thanks to all, I will hang around and try to stay out of the way in the future.
    de W8CCW John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.