Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I already have a Maestro

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I already have a Maestro, just look at it sitting there all shiny.
http://www.g4dwv.co.uk/maestro/Maestro.jpg
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT

Comments

• Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited December 2018
    I just knew what that photo would be (and so do all the other Brits) ... ;-)  
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited July 2016
    Guy, lets just hope that the one from Flex is just a tad more reliable than the output of BM / Morris.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @ Paul, lets see if our friends on the other side of the pond make of it, hi hi. No doubt somebody will have a fit as it is 'off topic', but I just could not resist (I really tried too), LOLZ.

@ Steven. Even thought BM/Morris/BL produced rubbish*, I would love to own one or even, gulp, an Allegro or Morris Marina. Even Fords of the same era have a special place in my heart.
    *I did see a recent documentary on how the UK car manufacturing industry 'worked' at that time and it is amazing the mistakes made at all levels.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Wait!? They come in red!?  I'm calling FRS when they open!!!  :-)
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Gearhead here and have had a fair number of British Leyland rides in a fairly messy mix.  Often have more than one project car at a time.  None below were/are daily drivers, as I've had a company car for so many years.

Had a ****, a Mini Clubman and Mini-Metro Vanden Plas Princess (XYl's) among others like a R-16, a Minor Traveler, a Series Ia LR P/U, a Scorpio 2.9 Ghia, the Sierra 2.0 Estate, a couple CXs, and XM and a 160 kph/100 mph 2CV Special with a Mai Race engine.  XYL also had a vintage Vanden Plas Princess 1300 which she thought was cute.

Still have from this era a XT4Ti (with some 'extra fire" breathed into it), a BX17GT, a 264 (less than 33,000 miles on clock), a 142S and a 504D.  XYL is currently on that little C30T, a model that the Chinese dropped when they bought Volvo. 

Wish I still had the 3500SD1 Twin-Plenum I drove on occasion working in Manchester - even though the build quality was suspect I really did like how it goes.

The Land-Crab was nice except wallowed in the twisties.

Oh - forget the Panhards - several PL-17/17BT's including a Tigre Cabrio.  Whittled those down to just one PL-17 Tigre sedan. 

Have only had a radios in a few, mostly as when on the road I "drive" hard.

BTW the XR4Ti, 264, 142S, 504D and BX were father-son projects that became father-checkbook projects and a couple of my own projects, and are all on the block. 

Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.