Hurry up and get 2.0 out! Hey why does 2. 0 have so many bugs?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Why are you all in such a hurry for 2.0? Why do you keep pushing the developers to hurry up?

Clearly, you know nothing about software development.  With software, the faster the development the more bugs and required fixes.

I've been writing software for 35 years and it never ceases to amaze me how little appreciation most people have in the complexity of the design and development phases. All they care about is getting their hands on it.

To FRS I say: Go ahead and give them what they want even before the testing is complete. Then when they're all crying about bugs and their radios lock up make them wait a year or two for the fixes.

The Flex radio is the best radio I've ever owned. It's a real work of art but it didn't get that way overnight.

Now stop nagging the developers and let them produce a product you'll be happy with. If it takes until July, August, September or next year then so what? I'm enjoying my radio right now and so should you.

Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 319 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Alan Waller

Alan Waller

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Debugging is the art of removing bugs from software,,,, programming is the art of putting them in. Thanks FRS for a great and soon to be greater product!
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 213 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I go the answer Pat.... THEY HAVE NO LIFE..THIS IS THEIR LIFE DREAM... BUGGING!
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 941 Posts
  • 261 Reply Likes
why even worry about it either way? FRS's developers are not sitting by their computers reading the forums. They are busy working on the software. Admonishing users here for posting "is it ready yet?" posts does not do anything but continue the rants.  Best advice, is do not respond to posts like that if they bother you. It  certainly won't keep people from complaining about the software not being out yet nor people complaining about the complainers!
NOTHING we post here is going to stop development or rev it up.
james
WD5GWY
After 35 years as a developer, you should know this already.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.