Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HRFIO error flex 5000a

Hi all just purchased a flex 5000a loading software i get hrfio error or not installed error , when power sdr 2.7.2  is loaded and i go to setup , general the rfio is all 0,s and in red ?.is this a hardware or software fault and is their anyway to fix it or is it a service repair centre fix ??.
many thanks..

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It is hard to know what your install conditions are. Pleas make sure you have no anti viris or any computer protection on at the time of install. Many of them will stop parts of the install to not work.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Richard
    It could be either software, or hardware. A Helpdesk Ticket, or phone call might be necessary. I've been there done that, both right and wrong, many times over the years I've owned my 5000a.
    But I've never seen that breakage, but here's a link that seems to be what your asking about.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/rfio-5000a 

I'm available in the Flex IRC channel if you can't get any better ideas from the Community.
    Click the link in my signature to join the channel. 

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Richard Krawczyk
    edited March 2018
    Many thanks for reply,s  I have sent a ticket to flex and am awaiting reply , Yes Jay this looks the same kind of problem , and is an old post , 8 months past, wonder if they have that one fixed ? , i just purchased this one and have the chance to return it, but would love to keep it if it can be fixed without to much cost / hassle .. thanks again 
    73,s Richard de MM1FAS .
  • Richard Krawczyk
    edited May 2019
    HI doing some reading and found the same fault but the fault was with a new rfio card install and it says to use the HRFIO update software , Also has a warning attached not to use if you do not have a HRFIO 34..This one is fitted with the 34-c , would this update it or do more harm ?. any info would be great .. thanks.
  • Greta Jones
    Greta Jones Member
    edited May 2019
    Have you Opened the radio to check if the ribbon cable is attached to the RFIO?
  • Richard Krawczyk
    edited March 2018
    Hi Greta yes tested all connections, Looks like a hardware fault, and no service centre in UK.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Richard

My 5000a came with the 34C HRFIO board installed, so it never needed any upgrading. But earlier versions could be upgraded, I seem to remember that all 5000A's sent in for any sort of repair had the upgrade to 34C version done before they left the repair dept.

My guess is your helpdesk ticket will resolve the problem. Let them decide what to do. 

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Greta Jones
    Greta Jones Member
    edited March 2018
    Does the RFIO show up under the set up menu?
  • Richard Krawczyk
    edited March 2018
    Yes  in 0,s and red rfio 000 000 (0a)
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Richard
    My guess "again", then it's not reading the HRFIO board correctly.
    I know! No help what so ever. Hopefully, they will begin working on the trouble ticket soon.

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Richard Krawczyk
    edited March 2018
    Yes i have talked with flex , but causes and cures may help some of us, I am in UK to post to Germany for repair will cost around £200 in postage alone , So would be good to have some info on fault and costs of repairs etc to see if it is worth repairing..
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Richard
    Right now you might appreciate any and all info, related to the HRFIO assembies, I just stumbled back on to this bit, maybe you've already seen it, maybe not.

http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50057.aspx?Keywords=hf%2f6m+on+5000&_ga=2.233037340.389162157.1520292500-1403376823.1508452279  

The Flexradio Knowledge Base articles were considered to be official documentation at the time the Legacy 1000, 1500, 3000, and 5000 models, were current. Exploring the knowledge base content, won't hurt, might help. 

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Richard Krawczyk
    edited April 2020
    Well got my radio back from service centre in Germany. corrupt eeprom ..2 hours to wipe and re-write eeprom,? Now only one fire-wire port works.? both worked when sent away ?  .All i can say is Flex service sucks big time, Over 200 euros and still have a broken radio..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.