Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HRD Logbook and DM780 and DDUTIL

Don WB3FTQ
Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
i am trying to get HRD Logbook to read the frequency of my brand new (as of 30 May) 6500. it looks like i will have to use DDUTIL but am not familiar with that program. i am using COM 11 on WSJT-X for CAT. all ideas, thoughts, recommendations welcome. i haven't transmitted yet on WSJT-X but all appears to be working. hate to take the time to make the tx level adjustments into a dummy load.

Answers

• Scott AC8DE
    Scott AC8DE Member
    edited May 2014
    No, you simply use minideluxe, of you want to keep it simple.  You don't use the HRD front end then.

http://www.vhfwiki.com/minideluxe
    Scott AC8DE

• Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    thanks Scott...will give that a try.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Don,

Depending on your situation you might want to consider DDutil. I use it with my 6500 and it allows my Quadra amp to follow my radio and sets it's drive level. It also displays data from my LP-100a and provides control of my SteppIR. So, depending on your operating requirements it might provide many more features than just a HRD server.

Jon...kf2e
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

If you are using HRD 6.2 you will need the latest version of either MiniDeluxe or DDUtil. Both have been updated to support HRD 6.2 to allow correct frequency/mode tracking.

You will need to initially set up HRD to talk to SmartSDR directly through SmartSDR CAT. Details are available here https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr_ham_radio_deluxe_dm780_howto_setup_guide

Once HRD is set up you can then shut down HRD and install either DDUtil or MiniDeluxe. In the new version of DDUtil on the first tab in the setup there is a section for HRD. Select 6.2 if you have the newer version or 6.1 if you have the older version of HRD and check the enable box. Now you can launch DM780 and HRD Logbook without having to run the main HRD program. Frequency and mode updates between SmartSDR, DM780 and HRD Logbook is VERY fast!.

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

If you are using HRD 6.2 you will need the latest version of either MiniDeluxe or DDUtil. Both have been updated to support HRD 6.2 to allow correct frequency/mode tracking.

You will need to initially set up HRD to talk to SmartSDR directly through SmartSDR CAT. Details are available here https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr_ham_radio_deluxe_dm780_howto_setup_guide

Once HRD is set up you can then shut down HRD and install either DDUtil or MiniDeluxe. In the new version of DDUtil on the first tab in the setup there is a section for HRD. Select 6.2 if you have the newer version or 6.1 if you have the older version of HRD and check the enable box. Now you can launch DM780 and HRD Logbook without having to run the main HRD program. Frequency and mode updates between SmartSDR, DM780 and HRD Logbook is VERY fast!.

Dave wo2x

• KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am using Windoze 8.1 Pro, HRD 6.2, DDutil with a 6500, Amp, Tuner, and meter. DDutil integrates all of them together. Steve (author of DDutil) is very responsive to the users and keeps the code updated with fixes, and frequently introduces new features. 
    73,   Dan  KM6CQ
  • John
    John Member
    edited May 2014

Jon, thanks for the information about interfacing the Quadra.

Would it be possible for you start another conversation and go into more detail about your solution with the Quadra -- settings in DDutil, interface cable, band data #1 or #2, (Homebrew or source for the cable), tuning procedure etc.   You seem to be the pioneer but others may have done it also and could add additional information.

I'd love to get to the point where the Quadra operates with the 6300 as it does with my Yaesu radios

Regards, John NA6L

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    John,

I'll put something together for you. All of the information you need is in the DDutil wiki, but it isn't consolidated very well. I'll outline the steps I went through to get my Quadra playing with my Flex.

Jon...kf2e
  • John
    John Member
    edited June 2014

Wonderful.

John NA6L 

• Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    thanks to all who responded. i have the last free version of HRD and all i had to do was download the latest version of Minideluxe. i use COM11 for CAT and COM10 for PTT. i set Minideluxe for COM11, WSTJ-X for Ham Radio Deluxe (the last rig on the list) and i now have the frequency data coming up in HRD Logbook. will see what i can do with DM780 tomorrow. what a great resource this reflector is.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.