Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HRD integration with SmartSDR

Ernest - W4EG
Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR CAT
SmartSDR integration with HRD I went the old FlexRadio way and installed many of the old software i.e. VSPManager, DDUtil, MiniDeluxe etc... to find out they are not needed. Unless, you are using remote amplifier, antennas etc... As a man with a simple mind and short on memory. I spoke to Dudley on the Sunday 14.329 net frequency of several problems that I was having with the above mentioned software. His suggestion was to disable them and just try HRD ver.6 to run by itself with SmartSDR and SmartSDR CAT. I follow his suggestion; lord and behold every thing worked without my intervention. I just needed to follow this order so it could run. 1. Have your F-6x00running 2. Run CAT program 3. Run HRD Let me add that I was previously using HRD and many of the items that I was using with the F-5000/3000/1.5K were already in place. Let say they were preconfigured. HRD has a PDF file on how to do the preconfiguring and I must add "with" pictures. I now have DM780 running the logbook, antenna rotor, DX Cluster running and by clicking on the cluster the radio changes frequency, the logbook has a log entry with a waypoint for the rotator to go to etc... Now just waiting for DAX to come around so I can get back to my digital modes... "No cables unless that is the only way to go from here to there."

Comments

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    HRD was a complete pile of garbage for me. Lockups, laggy response, and sometimes it just plain didn't work at all. Full disclosure: I've bought the paid version. If yours runs smoothly with no problems, I am more than glad for you, but I sadly had no luck. My startup order was just as you describe. Best advice I got here was to replace HRD with DDUtil. This eliminated all of the above mentioned problems *and* I got the old FlexControl knob functionality back by running it through DDUtil -- that's something you can't get from HRD or (sadly) SmartSDR. Maybe the next version of HRD will work better, but since I only use the logbook and DM780, I really don't have any use for the HRD main program. I can't rotate my longwire. :)
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Seems for me with HRD the same as Michael described . My choise for now is : SSDR+MLDX+DDUtil+FLDIGI.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.