Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HRD 6.2 New Version Release - Supports for Flex 6x00 series

Ernest - W4EG
Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
HRD has released the new version for the Flex 6x00 with SmartSDR.  I am currently downloading it and will post my results after I get it running. Stay tune.

Comments

• Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I downloaded it a few days ago. So far I am very happy with the combination of Flex 6700 and HRD 6.2.
  • John Molenda
    John Molenda Member
    edited October 2019
    Please let us know what you think .  I need a logging program  John molenda
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Im have beenn using it for a week. No issues with control or logging. Just some stability issues with DM780 and that is a bug on their side I believe. Overall works fine just need to fiddle with digital modes
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

I have been using the new version for about 5 hours with no failure.  The upgrade was rather easy and flawless. The software was automatically installed with no intervention on my part required.  The only thing I had to do was downloaded and tell it to run after installing.  And it did!

I am investigating to see what HRD changed or added to the previous version; so far I am very pleased the way it is running. The cluster has a small change; they added the States and country of the spotters instead just stating the country. Now if you are working the various awards, you can see who is working who and where. 

Just a few notes:

If you have previous version of HRD with all of your logs and settings "Do Not" uninstall it.  And in my case I did not opened then before I got ready to install the new version.  The Flex radio  software were not running either. After the program was installed and configured, I turned the Flex radio and the corresponding software on; then I clicked on the new HRD 6.2v icon. 

All my previous logs and setting were present and working. 

You now have all the software and programs just a click away.

Looks like this is going to be a winner.  I hope you have similar results.

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015

John,

I have find it rather easy to use and set up.  I've been using HRD for approx. 9 years. However, if you just need a logging program this may be way more than what you need. DM-780 comes with a logging program, cluster monitor, antenna control and it does handshake with eQSL, LoTW and other facilities for QSO tracking, software management such as QPSK, RTTY, Olivia and various radio control.

Personally, I would recommend it!

• WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    i seem to loose the PTT from one HRD startup to the next. everything looks ok; but, radio does not output any power. not sure if it's HRD or SSDR. Mike
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015

Mike,

When that happens, it has been my experience that the problem occurs with the radio.  I normally had to restart the radio and CAT. 

Later I found that it was caused by a 4:1 balun on my 160m OCFD antenna. I had  the balun replaced and have not seeing that problem again. 

Also, check your SWR and see that you don't have RFI problems too.

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I downloaded it but it's asking for an activation key. This is suppose to be an evaluation copy
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    When I hit the tune button, on SSDR, SWR is good and plenty of power.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Good to hear.  The previous version worked, but it was not as stable as it should be.  Looking forward to giving it a shot this evening when I get home.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.