Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HRD with 1.10.8

AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Been using HRD with my 6700 since the start with no problem.  Today I uploaded the new ver. 1.10.8.39 and HRD cant connect to the radio... tried the AutoDetect but it still can't connect... worked great on the previous ver. but something in the new one is not letting HRD connect... any ideas???

Comments

• W0JD
    W0JD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Bruce more data needed. 

1) To what port is HRD trying to connect?
    2) Is that port present in SmartSDR CAT?
    3) What type of radio is HRD configured to connect to? For example generic Kenwood or SmartSDR?

Regards, Jay

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Bruce,
    I have the complete HRD v6.3.0.610 and SmartSDR 1.10.8 installation that is working flawlessly with "photos" for all setup required.
    This procedures is completely documented for both software's including  DAX Control, SmartSDRCAT, Digital Master 780 Setup, PC Sound Settings: Plus other notes that I found to be of interest. 
    I also had it setup to work JT65/9 however, I lost the audio to modulate JT65/9 but, I am working on that ... I believe I need to have an IQ channel to modulate the transmitter.  
    I could post then here but I will need to get permission from the higher echelons working on this forum. Or you can email me to w4egathotmaildotcom.
    This is mentally challenge proof, that anyone can follow. I am apologizing ahead if I have offended anyone.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Don't use HRD, use MiniDeluxe instead. Or DDUtil, if you don't use WSJT-X:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/setting-up-ham-radio-deluxe-with-smartsdr-tutorial
    The new SmartCAT uses new virtual ports. MiniDeluxe connects to a COM port and installs
    a HRD server your programs can connect to. Works like a charm.
    I start CAT and DAX from a batch file I wrote and compiled instead of starting them from the autostart folder:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/tutorial-how-to-create-and-compile-a-batch-file-for...
    Regards, Alex - DH2ID

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I've been running HRD and all versions of SSDR, from 1.0 up to, and including 1.10.8, under DDUtil with absolutely no problems.  HRD has never even noticed a change when I've upgraded SSDR.  I've had an occasional problem with HRD and LoTW, but they were not SSDR related.
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ernest, I for another am having issues very similar to Bruce with the same versions of SSDR and HRD.  If we all setup our systems the same maybe that will eliminate a lot of confusion.  I hope the moderator(s) will let you package the information and put it out for us with issues.
    Thanks,
    Ken
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ernest

Some of us come pre-offended, as the default configuration. We might need to apply a known workaround. image

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• W0JD
    W0JD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Bruce,

Perhaps this guide I tossed together will assist.

http://morsetutor.com/2016/12/hrd2smartsdr/

Regards, Jay

• Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jay, thanks, I look forward to getting HRD backup and running this weekend.
      Watts
       K4QJZ
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Using HRD as a control program uses a lot of CPU power and is absolutely useless,
    as SmartSDR already controls the Flex radio. Use MiniDeluxe or DDUtil instead and you'll
    see a much better performance.
    Merry X-MAS and HNY, Alex - DH2ID
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I tried MiniDeluxe but could not get it to work at all...Do you haveany set up help??
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If I remember correctly, you have to setup and have the HRD software talking to you rig first.  Then close HRD and don't use it again.  Next fire up MiniDeluxe.  I believe MiniDeluxe then uses the HRD setup to make the connection to the rig.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You don't need HRD at all to start MiniDeluxe. Just start it, get the settings right, click SmartSDR and you can synch HRDLog, DM780, WSJT-X to it.
    There is a setup guide here: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/tutorial-setting-up-wsjt-x-with-smartsdr
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited December 2016
    FYI, there is a known bug with HRD Logbook and Flex Radios. The latest version will not change modes correctly when clicking on a DX cluster sport and it will not automatically track modes in the ALE window. To fix this make sure there is npt a TX button in the logbook Radio Pane window. You can customize the Radio Pane and add/remove buttons. You do need the mode button at minimum but no TX button. Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.