Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HRD will not connect to Flex 6500

Mike
Mike Member
HRD version 6.4 will not connect to Smart Cat v 1.10.16. I can see it try to connect to SmartCat but it will not hold the connection. I have tried to go back a version on both but I am still getting the same problem. It did connect one time and then no more connections.

Answers

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    your running Mini Deluxe 1st right?
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited March 2017
    I have been running the full version. I did not have any problems until Flex and HRD latest version upgrades. I am trying to get DDUtil to work now.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Mike, do not use the HRD radio control program, as it doublesSmartSDR. 
    Use MiniDeluxe or DDUtil instead.

My tutorial is here:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/setting-up-ham-radio-deluxe-with-smartsdr-tutorial

73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited March 2017
    I have been using HRD rig control long before I got my 6500 without problems. I ran it on my 6500 until the last update of both flax and HRD. There is a bug in one of the software packages. I would like to keep running the rig control if it will work. I have used the minihrd and it does not do what all I want like connecting to JT65.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.