Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HRD DM780 Split Operation Setup

Al Reeves
Al Reeves Member ✭✭
I have a Flex 6300 radio running the latest version of Ham Radio Deluxe.  I can use DM780 to run RTTY in a simplex mode with slice A with no problems.  However, I can't seem to get it setup to work split mode using slice B.  When I TX using slice B it reverts to slice A.  Can anyone provide a detailed setup to run DM780 RTTY split?  Things like soundcard settings, connection settings, DAX settings etc.

TNX
Al
W1JHU

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Open SmartSDR CAT, find the port  you are using for rig control with DM780 and select it. Then choose "Edit..." and turn "Auto switch TX slice" to "Disabled". Click "Save". This is what is causing TX to switch to Slice A.

Craig, KØCF
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Note also that HRD does not yet have Slice B support for Flex radios.  I went through this with them last year and it was a question of whether or not they had access to a Flex radio to work with in developing the software.  I tried yesterday to log a QSO on Slice B and HRD Logbook v...806 was still not recognizing Slice B.  It logs with Slice A freq, etc.  

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I haven't done this myself, but I am pretty sure think this can be accomplished with Slice Master 6000 
    Bob, WK2Y
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Slice Master 6000 takes care of this one too.  Just configure HRD Logbook to use the HRD TCP TX Listener (on the Slice Master settings tab) instead of HRD Rig Control and the logbook will follow the TX slice rather than just slice A.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I suspect that Bob is correct.  Slice Master will let you run two (or more) instances of DM780.  One for slice A and one for slice B.  It will also do all of the configuration for you.  Just make sure you have a DAX audio channel assigned to each slice and Slice Master will take care of the rest.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited April 2018
    This works great!!! And for those of us who just want to operate and not become a software engineer It is simple, slick and well supported
  • Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Where do I get Slice Master 6000?
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited April 2018
    That’s the best part... it’s free!!! Google Slice Master
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Searching here should get you a a few helpful hits.  Some of these HRD topics have been covered before.  But the README for the official release can be found at https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000 It has a link to the current release.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.