Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HRD DM780 setup. No power out when PTT applied

Options
Al Reeves
Al Reeves Member ✭✭
My radio is the 6300  I have the latest version of HRD (6.4.0.671) running with Windows 10.  HRD plays all OK with SSB/PTT/Logging etc. but having problems getting DM780 to work.  I have done the setup in accordance with the "SmartSDR - Ham Radio Deluxe - DM780 HowTo Setup Guide" found here on the FRS site.  When I send a PSK31 message the red TX light on the front of the radio turns "red" but there's no power output.  Anybody have any ideas?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

I you run SmartSDR, is the RF Power bar all the way to the right? I have never used HRD with Flex, but perhaps you have to preset the RF Power before using HRD.

Jim, K6QE

• Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Jim: Power level is set to 80 watts on "RF Power" slider.
  • KC7ES
    KC7ES Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Are you in the DUSB mode, and is DAX enabled?
  • Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    DAX is enabled.  Mode "DIGU" in accordance with the setup instructions.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

Maybe, for some reason, the audio is not getting to the DAX virtual cable, you should be able to see the modulating audio on the DAX window. Perhaps your TX gain on your DAX in not advanced far enough. Now I'll keep my big mouth shut!

Jim, K6QE

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Al, make sure DAX is enabled (blue) in the right side panel. Look at the bar graph in DAX control panel and see if the DAX TX is moving. Dave wo2x
  • Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Jim, thanks to you problem solved!  The TX button was not on in the DAX window.  All is well now in "Candy Land".  Thanks to you and all the others who responded with suggestions.  &3 to all!
    Al
    W1JHU

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Is DAX blue... it won't work without DAX
  • Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes.  Problem solved

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.