Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How's this for an interesting shack "configuration"?

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
Hello,

Just an idea, what a little too much free time and money can lead to, I thought I might share some aspects of my shack configuration with you guys and others might do likewise...

Right now I have SSDR running on my Microsoft Surface Book as a tablet with a dock connection for ethernet and power (I don't need its separate graphic chip for this use). I run something called "Multiplicity" which is a software based Keyboard-mouse-audio sharing program, so I can do keyboard and mouse input from my shack's full size desktop computer, and I can pipe the Surface Book's audio to the desktop's better sound system!

If I feel like "knobs, and dials, I can run N4PY's Pegasys Plus on my desktop and it will allow remote control of SSDR controls to the Surface Book - I can even use my TMate2 on my desktop with the Pegasys Plus to twiddle the settings to my life's content.

If I decide that I want a change of scenery, I unplug the Surface book and can take it to any place in the house, where I still can see all eight receiver slices and using my 2Q-Lite lightweight headset, I can transmit with very little bother (either use the virtual keyboard's spacebar or press the MOX button on the screen)!

I guess if I wanted to figure out a VPN solution I could take this on "the road", but right now it's my local wireless network.

It's nice when a plan comes together...

Anyone else with interesting setups?

Roy AC2GS

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hers a shout out to Stu's K6TU remote software Apple app that allows my IPAD to operate my 6700 from the comforts of my couch upstairs over my LAN However I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Maestro to give me knobs which I like and to be able to directly plug in my **** microphones instead of my cheap Logitech headset.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    This is mine. Not necessarily interesting but I like it. 

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Stu's new iPad app is beautiful, but I am a greedy ****, and my Microsoft Surface Book allows me to control ALL 8 SLICES (Steve questioned whether we would "need" 8 slices - I really like access to all 8 slices). I can even run FRStack and a multi-channel audio recorder on my desktop at the same time and scan even more frequencies and record them with a time stamp! My 2Q-Lite gives me much better audio than a Logitech headset.

I miss the option of knobs on the go, but in my shack Pegasys Plus and my Tmate2 handle this fairly well.

I am on the list for the Maestro and I look forward to playing with it as well (I would love if it would run along with SSDR on my Desktop simultaneous, but that is a feature that FRS is looking into in a later software upgrade).

It works for me (right now)...
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    It looks great (especially your two harmonics - keep the hobby alive)!

But to me it is more the way things are hooked up together than what things you have (although I envy your Expert Amp - I still have my 1.3K-FA on backorder).

I hope my comment didn't sound like "the guy that dies with the most "things" wins!". It's more about how they are interconnected for the most powerful/flexible configuration that interests me the most.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Of course Roy, I was just being funny with the pictures comments. I love to see the pictures of the different setups, to add flavor to the text.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Love the last  picture

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.