Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to get audio in/out of 6500 to computer sound card?

Options
Arnie
Arnie Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
How are people successfully getting audio to/from their 6500 radios into their computer sound cards? Which ports are you using on the 6500? Tnx es 73 de Arnie W8DU

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Arnie, I'm using the front panel mic and phones jacks to interface with a Signalink. The main speaker jack and balance microphone ports on the back are used for non-digital operation. Works great. Plus side is that I can set the audio levels for the phones port without worrying about the speakers, so monitoring is a cinch.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Arnie, I use the Line1 Out/Line in on the ACC connector feed to/from a USB Soundcard dongle. Depending on your system, you may need to watch for ground loop problems. AL, K0VM
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks George and Al. I appreciate the feedback and will give those approaches a try. I will have to locate my ground-loop isolator (KH6TY design from QST 3-2011) since it was not needed with PSDR/VAC. 73 de Arnie W8DU
  • FiSH
    FiSH Member
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The Quick Start Guide refers to the Flex-6000 HW manual for the pin out of the ACC connector. Can I download the HW manual or is it part of the CD that ships with the radio?
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    All the information you need (pin outs, connectors, jumpers for Signalink USB etc) is in the community thread "digital mode information" just do a community search.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you just want something cheap for in/out until DAX is available, then Startech sells a USB2.0 compliant USB Sound Card. http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Sound/USB-Audio/Audio-USB-Adapter~ICUSBAUDIOB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.