Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How many attended the ARRL Convention?

W1IMD
W1IMD Member ✭✭
I had a nice time visiting with the Flex team and took a picture to commemorate the event. Here's mine, let's see yours!

Answers

• Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I was there. It was a great show. The new Flexradio advertising stole the show in the exhibit area. 
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Ditto, nothing equals a 1-on-1 conversation with Flex principals for you to realize the dedication to amateur radio that comes inside each radio.  What's that old advertising slogan..... it's not an add-on but rather a built-in. Hope Flex filled their order book.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Any other photos of the event that you like to share; for those of us that were unable to be in attendance?

Thanks!

Ps. We like to see the culprits that are selling and maintaining this GREAT product...

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

Yes, the convention was very good. I enjoyed talking to the Flex guys and getting a sneak peek at SmartSDR 1.3. The profiles and CW-X are looking very nice!

Dave, wo2x

• W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I took only one other picture, on Friday morning. You can see there wasn't a crowd yet, and actually there never was a crowd, at least not in Dayton terms.

You can't see him but Greg is behind the chap just right of center and Tim is where Tim should be, in front of a monitor giving a perspective Flexer the straight skinny. Please note Tim's right foot in a walking cast. What a trooper.

Gerald and Steve had not arrived yet as they were delayed in DFW due to bad wx on Thursday evening. 

Steve's talk at 0900 on Saturday was packed and well presented. I have to give Steve special credit for making complex issues clear to us mortals. Later I got to hear him at the booth explain some other technical items to a fellow and did so with ease so all could understand.

Dr. Bob was at the booth too for a bit and he was in salesman mode. Another brilliant guy who can talk like a regular Joe. I think we users are very fortunate to have these fellow hams working so hard so we can have fun.

I never got to speak with Gerald but could see that he was affable as ever.

I did have a brief conversation with Greg offering him a suggestion made by a friend of mine regarding output power specs for any "possibly upcoming" 6100 version. Greg would neither confirm nor deny the existence of this model. So we all must wonder collectively......and think about ways to sink heat without fans.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the League who put on a spectacular show befitting an organization 100 years old. There were a ton of heavy hitters who gave talks and then would walk around the floor and you could go and say hello and thank them for their efforts.

And let's not forget, you could put on a pair of goggles and stick your head through a cardboard cutout and "re-discover radio".

It was a humbling experience for me.

Paul
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.