Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How loud should the fan noise be at low speed?

Options
Dale KB5VE
Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
edited April 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
What should be the noise level of the fans. I have had mine since the first release and have not given too much to the fan noise but last night I was listening and noticed a fan noise. As I turned off everything I came down to the 6500. When I turned it off the low level noise quit. It is not as loud as the 3000 but not as quite as the 5000. Where does this fall in the scheme of things?

Answers

• EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hi Dale, this is hardware design. After week I put my Flex-6700 outside of my shack....for me was to loud. cu Emil, de DL8JJ
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    my F6700:
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I do not call it loud by any means. It is less than the flex 3000 but I wonder just what should be the acceptable level. I can hear it as a very low pitched hum. Only when I first loaded the software has it gotten loud. I run power out at apron 16 watts into my alpha 6410 to get legal limit. Just wondered if this was the m Normal level.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    From your description I would say it is the normal level.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.