Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do you hook two flex controls up to a 6500

Dale KB5VE
Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I saw someone had two flex controls working at the same time. I came in possession of a second knob and wanted to play with it. Any suggestions? One works good, the second does nothing.

Answers

• AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I don't have 2 Flex Controls yet, but I plan to add a 2nd one shortly.

The method I was planning to use was to let SmartSDR control one and let DDUtil control the other. Essentially attaching them both to the radio.

Rumor from Dayton was that Flex may add the ability for a 2nd control at some point, but it was just a rumor.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Dale & Michael,
    I've been using 2 controls for a while now.  See this link for a pic and more details.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/ssdr_v1_2_new_flexcontrol_setting_allows_slice_volu...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    So do you have the instructions on setting it up with the utility? I have the iPad program so I feel this will be the finishing touch in my set up. I have two different amps one antenna 1&2 with remote switch to route them through tuner and remote antenna switch. This gives me the ability to choose solid state 1kw or the Alpha 8410 with legal limit. When remote over wan is made active I will be one satisfied puppy. Any suggestions on using the utility with the second flex knob would be appreciated.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Dale,
    I have a document posted elsewhere that shows my DDUtil setup including the FlexControl.  

Drop me and Email and I can point you to it.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.