Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I install the FLEX-6000 Handle Kit?

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Use this link to download the FLEX-6000 Handle Kit Installation Guide

Answers

• W4EG
    W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    This is a FABULOUS and easier than searching in KC
  • Bob-N4HY
    Bob-N4HY Company Adviser
    edited September 2018
    Wow. I'm glad this was done so nicely because I was going Whaaaaaaat? (Grown Ups 2) trying to figure it out without RTFM.
  • Ken K7YR
    Ken K7YR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Not having instructions included in the box, I was left to my own devices to install the handle kit. In doing so I note that the 6700 form, fit, finish exceeds that of most amateur radio products and replicates high quality commercial and military equipment. It would seem to me that the referenced instructions should have been included, or at least directions on where to locate such details be provided.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: I like the new community
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Sorry about the timing on that Ken. We just finished getting the documentation completed and peer reviewed early this week.
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Sorry! I don't see any referenced link for the instructions. I went SOP and, as a result, got to peer inside a marvelous radio.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited November 2017
    The link is the document name in the original topic post.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Not a huge problem, but I recommend laying out the removed screws such that when they are reinstalled, the proper length screws go back in where they should. I use this method when doing the "two-hour air filter change" on my Gold Wing, and it keeps the process neat and efficient. There are a lot of screws on the 6700 - it is built like a tank, and that is a good thing.
  • Greg Zenger [N2GZ]
    edited December 2016
    The TORX L wrench that was supplied with my handles did not fit the set screws (it was slightly oversized). A 3/32 inch hex key from my toolbox took care of the issue. (The TORX L wrench that was supplied with my rackmount kit fit the set screws perfectly). So, for reference, the following tool sizes can be used with the various hardware on the flex: Chassis screws: TORX T-8 Set ****: 3/32" HEX, TORX T-10 [front] chassis retaining bar: Phillips #2 (P2) Also, the FLEX-6000 chassis is of high quality, high tolerance construction. If you follow the advice in the FLEX-6000 Handle Kit Installation Guide you wont have any problems.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The link above to the guide no longer appears to function. Google was my friend for this one:
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/flex-6000_handle_installation_guide-pdf/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.