Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How close is it to ver 1.1?

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
It is the third week of Jan. How close is it to ver 1.1 release or ver 1.1 RC? Just curious to know ... de JA2IYJ/1

Answers

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Good question, I'm curious myself.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    We're getting very close. All functionality is complete and we are testing and fixing small issues.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Great! I understand that we will have another new machine in 10 days as scheduled!!
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited March 2017
    Will this new version require a 'uninstall' of the existing version of both SSDR and SSDR cat like the previous version? And then a 'clean' install? pse and tu
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Bill, This is TBD, but based on the changes made, it looks like you will need to uninstall SmartSDR for Windows and SmarSDR CAT in order to load newer version of the DAX drivers and the new CAT application respectively. This will be addressed in the release notes and the release message.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    There was a nice teaser photo on the FlexRadio Facebook page last night. Spot the new DAX functionality and the new panel on SmartSDR! Not to mention 8 slices! I'm assuming thats 4 for us 6500 users. Exciting stuff! https://www.facebook.com/groups/flexradio/
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Indeed, as someone mentioned in another post, it looks like I will need to scrounge up a third monitor somehow, and a new video card to drive all three.....
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Is that waterfall part of SSDR or some other app fed by DAX IQ? Things are really starting to shape up....keep up the great work folks! 73 Greg
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    That's the graph from WSJT-X I think.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes, it's from WSJT-X
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You just HAD to whisper "third monitor," didn't ya? Pushed me over the edge and now am cooking with three - one is solely for SSDR. This slice thing is just too darn useful!
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    just run a 40-42 inch monitor and use one of the programs to divide it into as many monitors as you want lots nicer than all the little monitors taking up the desk
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    How do you do that when many of the programs have specific dpi requirements? Some programs will not shrink down far enough to share such a large screen with other programs...or will they? What program are you using?
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I have not used it yet but a friend is using WINSPLIT. http://winsplit-revolution.com/
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Take a look at Desktops, written by Mark Russinovich, one of the few Fellows at Microsoft and also a man that thinks in assembly language. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc817881.aspx Free, as with all the SysInternals tools.
  • Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited March 2014
    I hope the default to 100% RF output has been corrected. If not, it would be safer to have it default to 0% output. I'm getting excited..... Geez 10 more days. I'm going to have to find something to keep me busy for 10 more days so I don't drive myself crazy. Well, back to PSK-31 and DAX ! Norm - KL7RS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.