Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How about adding a SmartSDR feature to automatically save all settings on exit? What about a 'standb

Arnie
Arnie Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
It sure would be nice if I had the option to have SmartSDR automatically save all settings upon exit? It is really annoying to have to adjust volume sliders, freq, mode etc every time I run SmartSDR. It would also be nice to have the ability to 'standby' the radio without having to exit SmartSDR. Anyone else think these would be useful basic features that SmartSDR should have had? 73 de Arnie W8DU

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That is what all the discussions abort "persistence" are about. Some has been added in the latest release. More is coming. Hang tight.
  • Thom Baxter
    Thom Baxter Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Ken, Did any persistence make it into v0.16.4? This definitely needs to be there before it is released to the general public. I don't like the fact that it does not remember my power out setting. I use an amp and only drive it with 30-40 watts. When I come out and back in, it is normally back up to 100 Watts. I sure don't want to **** my amp. 73 de wi4usa Thom
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Thom, you are right regarding amp, ALC, in this case also most wanted feature to prevent such claims, but in Ver 1.0 (roadmap). I believe what FRS hear us
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    We are continuing to add more and more items to persistence. Here's the current list, but it is growing every day. We will add persistence by band after V1.0 -- this needs some design work around how it should operate. For example, the thinking is that we would use an 80m frequency that we saved if you typed "3.75" into the frequency display, but we would if you hit the "80m" band button. We need to discuss if band-stacking makes sense in this radio, etc. If you guys are interested, we can post the design before we implement this part and get feedback. Anyway, here's the list as of YESTERDAY: TX_MIC_INPUT TX_MIC_LEVEL TX_MIC_BOOST TX_MIC_BIAS TX_MIC_ACC TX_MIC_COMP_ENABLED TX_MIC_COMP_LEVEL TX_VOX_LEVEL TX_VOX_HANGMS TX_CW_BREAKIN_ENABLED TX_CW_BREAKIN_DELAY TX_CW_IAMBIC TX_CW_IAMBIC_MODE TX_CW_SWAP TX_CW_PITCH TX_CW_SPEED RX_EQ TX_EQ RX_EQ_ENABLE TX_EQ_ENABLE TX_FILTER_LOW TX_FILTER_HIGH TX_MET_IN_RX TX_AM_CARRIER TX1_DELAY TX2_DELAY TX3_DELAY TX_DELAY ACCTX_DELAY PTT_TIMEOUT TXREQ_ENABLED TXREQ_POLARITY ACCTXREQ_ENABLED ACCTXREQ_POLARITY RADIO_LINEOUT_GAIN RADIO_LINEOUT_MUTE RADIO_HEADPHONE_GAIN RADIO_HEADPHONE_MUTE
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Since I began this topic, I feel I need to respond: These are good starts. I do think 'last frequency used' on each band would be a great addition as well as or probably part of band stacking registers with last 5 frequencies per band. Also, I would like to see a 'standby' or 'offline' mode implemented. Tnx for your response and cooperation... 73 de Arnie W8DU p.s. Really, beside persistence, virtual audio cabling is of utmost urgency. This should have been first and foremost. Seems silly in this advanced radio to have to deal with the distortion inherent in unnecessary digital to analog to digital conversions.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Good list so far. I vote YES for band stacking registers. 3 per band should be adequate, especially if they store Freq. Mode, Filter setting, ANT, Preamp setting and "Audio profile" (separate TX/RX EQ levels, bandwidth & other audio settings for each band and sub-band) Additional persistence I would suggest are: Display FPS (It is a pain in the **** to have to adjust this every time for two different pans) ANT selection (perhaps eve per band) Preamp setting AGC speed (preferably saved separately per mode) AGC-T I don't want much... Just the world! Thanks for all the hard work!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    BTW... I would have any direct frequency entered go to that exact freq. but pressing the band button go through the band stacking registers. If I enter 3.75 then I want 3.750000 If I want it to go to another freq I will enter it precisely. If I want to step through my band stacking registers, I will hit the button. I think that is the way PSDR works and I like it on my 1500. (But I haven't used it much since I got the 6500 so I may not remember.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.