Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How about a Find My Flex feature ?

Richard G7EIX
Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in New Ideas
Just like the majority of mobile phones that have the find my phone feature, it may be worthwhile with such an expensive item as the 6000 series radios to have a "Find My Flex" option. The reporting email address / username and password could be embedded into the radio by the owner and then locked in place with a pin number. Then if you ever lose the radio due to a nefarious type taking it without permission you can simply log into the FRS Tracking Database and find the last reported location of the radio (if it has GPS) or the IP history and other suitable tracking information.
3 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hmmmmmmm....... Not only can you find where your flex is, the government can find where you are transmitting from at any time....
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Only if you enable it ;-)
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    They don't need to access an ID archive to RDF/ID your specific radio. 73 Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.