Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How well will the new 9.7 2017 iPad work with the SmartSDR IOS

Dennis Daniel KM6DF
Dennis Daniel KM6DF Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Extremely Well
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Almost as good as the iPad Pro 9.7 which is pretty darn good.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mine works fine with just an iPad Air. So that one should be even better.
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited April 2017
    Thank you all I have a generation 4 now it works but it is very choppy. I don't want to buy a new iPad and have the same issue
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I just switched from the Air to the new 2017 model (my Air was running out of room.) Running OpenVPN Connect and SmartSDR for IOS just fine.
  • Trader Dave
    Trader Dave Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Works great with iPad Pro, I'v been working DX on 40 meters during the evening from my family  room using AirPods for the receiver and mike. 
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited June 2020
    Well I got the new iPad and works fine but still choppy . Setup is an asus router and iPad running open vpn any ideas
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2017
    You didn't mention how you are connecting. I assume remotely via VPN from your comment. Are you connected via cellular network or WiFi? Try going to speedtest.net and check the ping and upload/download speed. Make sure your home network and remote network are not using the same subnet scheme (192.168.1.x for example). I set my home network for 10.6.0.x with 6700 set for a static IP on network. My rempte 6500 subnet is 10.7.0.x with the 6500 set for sratic on that network. Which Asus router? For home LAN i've found faster speed with IOS devices (new iPad, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7Plus) by disabling explicit and universay beamforming for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz channels. If running over remote WiFi network make sure that network isn't set for multiple routers on same WiFi channel ( and apartment building for example). Last, try a cold boot of the iPad to ensure nothing else is running. I've found one app that does not run correctly on IOS 10. To do a cold boot Press and hold the Home and Power Button until your iPhone / iPad reboot (ignore the "Slide to turn off"), you can release both buttons when you see Apple logo. I'm running the new 32 gig WiFi model with no issues when running SmartSDR for IOS. Dave wo2x
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Dave I have a rt - ac68p router my connection is cat 6 to my 6500. The asus router is setup for vpn and the iPad is a the new 2017 iPad running open vpn

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.