Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to use the REM ON (Remote On) RCA plug on Flex 6300

2»

Answers

• K2ERA
    K2ERA Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Jim, so I guess if the radio locks up there is no way to do a hard reboot remote?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

Also, I have my Flex connected toa remote A/C power unit. I have never tried it, but if the radio locks up, removing the power and re-energizing should reset the radio to behave.

Jim, K6QE

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    It's an open collector closure with a built in pull up resistor. So grounding the RCA a will turn the radio on and opening the connection will shut dow the radio. Yes you can use this to reboot your radio. I have never had my radio lock up to the point where this will not reboot it.
  • K2ERA
    K2ERA Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi, I am putting a webswitch 7 ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SP64SM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) in front of my flex 6300 at my remote station.  It's a network power controller, it lets me turn outlets on and off.

Originally my plan was to control power to the radio with the web switch 7 and then use a raspberry pi / relay module to turn the rca remote power on and off.

Then Chris, k6ozy suggested a much simpler method, to connect the RCA remote plug to a permenantly shorted RCA connector.  The idea being whenever the radio is receiving power it will be on; so that the web switch 7 then becomes the sole device to turning the radio on and off (by removing and supplying power to my power supply)

I would like to ask if there is any possible issues doing it this way?  One thing that came to mind was perhaps having this always shorted would cause it to try to turn on before its ready after receiving power but I dont know if that is an actual concern (and why I am asking :)

Thanks.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If we have an RJ45 port already on the radio... why couldn't we have WakeOn LAN? Would it be possible to implement in future firmwares?
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi George, perhaps you can help.
    Do you know if anybody is using Android device to control the Global Cache IP2CC, if so what App is being used . I am looking for a simple app to operate the relays and report their state back to the Android device, ie 3 buttons that change from red to green to indicate the state of the relays.
    Cheers
    Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.