How to use Community

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
I just read for the 10th time it seems try to under stand the following items on the community.
1. what is the purpose of the UN-ME TOO and FOLLOW?
2.LIKES, I have clicked on LIKES many times but the system shows that I have only liked one (1) item. 
So I guess that I am totally stupid.
Photo of Andy

Andy

• 77 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • Lost

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Dennis Terry W4SG

Dennis Terry W4SG

• 70 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
It does not hurt to ask questions.  When you click on a like or me-too or follow just make sure your are signed in. If not, it will be ignored.  In the upper right of the page near the New Post box it will have the words "Sign In" if you are NOT signed in. If you are, it will have your Sign-in Name and photo if you have one.

73, W4SG
Photo of Andy

Andy

• 77 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Terry, thanks for the fast reply. I am signed in  for sure. How ever, what is the purpose of UN-ME TOO and Follow. I have clicked on them many times. Likes is only showing that I have only liked 2 posts. Just does not make sense.

Dennis Terry W4SG

• 70 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
If you are signed in, it does not make sense about the likes.  Follow will get you an email anytime a reply is added.  Also doing a reply gets you on the list for an email whenever someone adds to the conversations.  I believe that me-too is a follow but indicates you are having the same problem.  That is just what I have seen over the years.  Lots of guessing.  
Not sure about why the likes are not registering.

Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 929 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
The reply-likes counter increments each time others in the community pressed the like button on a topic or comment you posted. 
When you press 'like' the others reply-likes counter increments but there is no counter for the number of likes you originate. 

Hope this helps...

k3Tim 
Photo of Andy

Andy

• 77 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Tnx Dennis, will just not use it. 

Dennis Terry W4SG

• 70 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Now we both know about likes.  Learn something each day.

Dennis